Cancer Prevention and Control
Colleges & Departments:
College of Nursing
Health literacy, healthcare access disparities, and healthcare policy.
- Exploring Characteristics and Health Care Utilization Trends among Individuals who fall in the Health Insurance Assistance Gap in a Medicaid Non-Expansion State. Edward, J., Mir, N., Monti, D., Shacham, E., Politi, M. (2018). Policy, Politics and Nursing Practice. 18(4):206-214
- The Impact of Health and Health Insurance Literacy on Access to Care for Hispanic/Latino communities. Edward J., Morris S, Mataoui F, Granberry P, Williams MV, Torres I. (2018) Public Health Nursing. 35(3):176-183
- Employee adherence to a tobacco-free executive order in Kentucky. Ickes, M.J., Wiggins, A., Rayens, MK, Edward, J., Hahn. E.J. (2018). American Journal of Health Promotion. 33(1), 24–29.
- The Importance and Impact of Patients’ Health Literacy on Low Back Pain Management. Edward, J., Carreon, L.Y., Williams, M.V., Glassman, S., Li, J. (2017). The Spine Journal. 18(2), 370-376.
- Examining Geographic Barriers to Healthcare Access for Hispanic Latino Immigrants in the U.S. South using GIS. Edward, J., & Biddle, D. (2017). Journal of Ethnic and Racial Health Disparities. Apr;4(2):297-307
University of Louisville, Nursing Science, PhD
University of Louisville, Certificate in Health Professions Education
Bellarmine University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing