Cancer Prevention and Control
Colleges & Departments:
College of Public Health, Department of Health Management and Policy
Dr. Redmond Knight works on comprehensive cancer control efforts, particularly focusing on colorectal and lung cancer prevention and early detection. She also has strong experience and interest in group facilitation, partnership sustainability, program development, epidemiology, evaluation and policy, systems and environmental change efforts.
- Terminate Lung Cancer (TLC) Study – A mixed methods population approach to increase lung cancer screening awareness and low-dose computed tomography in Eastern Kentucky. Cardarelli, R., Reese, D., Roper, K.L., Feltner, F.J, Studts, J.L., Knight, J.R., Armstrong, D., Weaver, A., Shaffer, D. Cancer Epidemiology. February 2017:46:1-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2016.11.003
- Environmental Scanning as a Public Health Tool: Kentucky’s Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Project. Wilburn A, Vanderpool RC, Knight JR. Prev Chronic Dis 2016;13:160165. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd13.160165.
- Understanding Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening in Kentucky. Knight, J.R., Kanotra, S, Siameh, S, Jones, J, Thompson, B, Thomas-Cox, S. Preventing Chronic Disease. June 2015;12:140586. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd12.140586
- Breast Cancer In Kentucky: Progress and Possibilities. Knight, J.R., Huang, B., Tucker, T., Guo, J., Maynard, W.R., Wyatt, S.W. Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association. April 2015. 113(4):93-98.
- The impact of emotional intelligence on conditions of trust among leaders at the Kentucky Department for Public Health. Knight, J.R., Bush, H.M., Mase, W.A., Riddell, M.C., Ling, M., Holsinger, J.W. Frontiers in Public Health. March 13, 2015. 3:33. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2015.00033.
- Effectively Communicating Colorectal Cancer Screening Information to Primary Care Providers: Application for State, Tribe or Territory Comprehensive Cancer Control Coalitions. Redmond, J., Vanderpool, R.C., McClung, R. American Journal of Health Education. July/August 2012. 43(4):194-201.
- An Overview: Keys to Successful Local Smoke-Free Laws or Regulations Passage and Implementation Progress in Kentucky. Wyatt, S.W., Maynard, W.R., Bathje, K., Redmond, J. J KY Med Assoc. May 2011. 109(5): 131-135.
DrPH, Health Services Management from the University of Kentucky College of Public Health
MPH, Epidemiology from the University of Kentucky College of Public Health
BA, Communications from Ouachita Baptist University