Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Pyruvate carboxylase is critical in human non-small cell lung cancer. Sellers K, Fox MP, Bousamra M, Slone S, Lane AN, Higashi RM, Miller DM, Wang Y, Yan J, Yuneva MO, Lane AN, Fan T W-M. J Clin Invest 125:687-698, 2015. PMCID: PMC4319441
- Distinctly perturbed metabolic networks underlie differential tumor tissue damages induced by immune modulator β-glucan in a two-case ex vivo non-small cell lung cancer study. Fan, T.W.M., Warmoes, M.O., Sun, Q., Song, H., Turchan-Cholewo, J., Martin, J.T., Mahan, A.L., Higashi, R.M. and Lane, A.N. (2016). Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud 2016 2:a000893. PMCID: PMC4990809
- Applications of NMR spectroscopy to systems biochemistry. Fan, T. W. & Lane, A. N. Prog Nucl Magn Reson Spectrosc92-93, 18-53, doi:10.1016/j.pnmrs.2016.01.005 (2016).
Cancer Center Member
My research focuses on applying systems biochemical approaches including novel Stable Isotope-Resolved Metabolomic (SIRM), metabolomics-edited transcriptomic (META), and proteomic approaches (METPA) which we have developed 1) to investigate the anticancer mechanism of natural products and novel therapeutic agents; 2) to explore the functional role(s) of tumor microenvironment and extrinsic environmental factors in cancer development, progression, and therapy; 3) to uncover novel therapeutic targets and distinct mechanism-informed biochemical marker patterns for human diseases by interrogating the human metabolome; and 4) to decipher the gene networks that govern cancer metabolism. The central tool that I have used to achieve these goals is the integration of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) with mass spectrometry (MS) technologies, which enables a systematic interrogation of human metabolic networks and their perturbations by diseases.
- Genomic Instability, Epigenetics and Metabolism
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Toxicology and Cancer Biology