1994 - 1998 University of California, Davis, Post-Doc, Evolutionary Genetics
1988-1994 Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina. PhD, Zoology
1986-1988 Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina. MS, Biology
1982-1986 Francis Marion University, Florence, SC. BS, Biology
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Adaptive evolution via a major gene effect: paedomorphosis in the Mexican axolotl. Voss, S.R and H.B. Shaffer. 1997. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 94: 14185-14189.
- Evolution of salamander life cycles: A major effect QTL contributes to both continuous and discrete variation for metamorphic timing. Voss, S.R. and J.J. Smith. 2005. Genetics 170:275-181.
- Origin of avian and amphibian chromosomes by fusion, fission, and retention of ancestral chromosomes. Voss, S.R., Kump, K.D., Putta, S., Pauly, N., Reynolds, A., Henry, R.J., Basa, S., Walker, J.A., and Smith, J.J. 2011. Genome Research 8:1306-1312.
- Salamander Paedomorphosis: Linking thyroid hormone to salamander life history and life cycle evolution. Johnson CK, Voss SR. 2013. Current Topics in Developmental Biology 103:229-258.
- Gene expression during the first 28 days of axolotl limb regeneration I: Experimental design and global analysis of gene expression. Voss SR, Palumbo A, Nagarajan R, Gardiner DM, Muneoka K, Stromberg AJ, Ahtippozhy AT. 2015. Regeneration 2:120-136.
- Mccrearamycins A-D, Geldanamycin-Derived Cyclopentenone Macrolactams from an Eastern Kentucky Abandoned Coal Mine Microbe. Wang, X.;Zhang, Y.;Ponomareva, LV ;Qiu, Q ;Woodcock, R ;Elshahawi, SI ;Chen, X.;Zhou, Z.;Hatcher, BE ;Hower, JC ;Zhan, CG ;Parkin, S.;Kharel, MK ;Voss, SR ;Shaaban, KA ;Thorson, JS. Angewandte Chemie (International ed. in English) 56, 11 (2017): 2994-2998.
- Retinoic acid receptor regulation of epimorphic and homeostatic regeneration in the axolotl. Nguyen, M ;Singhal, P ;Piet, JW ;Shefelbine, SJ ;Maden, M.;Voss, SR ;Monaghan, JR. Development (Cambridge, England) 144, 4 (2017): 601-611.
- Ion channel signaling influences cellular proliferation and phagocyte activity during axolotl tail regeneration. Franklin, BM ;Voss, SR ;Osborn, JL. Mechanisms of development 146, (2017): 42-54.
- The influence of locus number and information content on species delimitation: an empirical test case in an endangered Mexican salamander. Hime, PM ;Hotaling, S ;Grewelle, RE ;O'Neill, EM ;Voss, SR ;Shaffer, HB ;Weisrock, DW. Molecular ecology 25, 23 (2016): 5959-5974.
- Positional plasticity in regenerating Amybstoma mexicanum limbs is associated with cell proliferation and pathways of cellular differentiation. McCusker, CD ;Athippozhy, A.;Diaz-Castillo, C ;Fowlkes, C ;Gardiner, DM ;Voss, SR. BMC developmental biology 15, (2015): 45.