Co-Leader, Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program
Star ratings are displayed for providers who see patients in a clinic and have 10 or more survey responses annually. At this time this rating does not include providers who see patients only in our hospitals. Learn more about our ratings and reviews.
Are you happy with the care you received from this provider?
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Inconsistencies between medical records and patient-reported recommendations for follow-up after abnormal Pap tests. Slone S, White C, Shelton B, Van Meter E, DeSimone C, Schoenberg N, Dignan M. Journal of Women’s Health 22(2):147-152, 2013.
- A community-based randomized trial of a faith-placed intervention to reduce cervical cancer burden in Appalachia. Studts CR, Tarasenko YN, Schoenberg NE, Shelton BJ, Hatcher-Keller J, Dignan MB. Preventive Medicine. 54:408-414, 2012.
- Parallels between the development of therapeutic drugs and cancer health disparity programs: Implications for disparities reduction. Chu KC, Chen MS, Dignan MB, Taylor E, Partridge E. Cancer 113(10):2790-2796, 2008.
- Faith moves mountains: An Appalachian cervical cancer prevention program. Schoenberg NE, Hatcher J, Dignan MB, Shelton B, Wright S, Dollarhide KF. Am J Health Behavior 33(6):627-638, 2009.
- Effectiveness of Health Education to Reduce Cervical Cancer Among Cherokee Indian Women in North Carolina. Dignan M, Michielutte R, Blinson K, Wells HB, Case LD, Sharp P, Davis S, Konen J, McQuellon R. JNCI 88(22):1670-1676, 1996.
Cancer Center Member
Evaluation of community-based screening and early detection interventions.
- Cancer Prevention and Control
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Internal Medicine