Faculty RankAssistant Professor
- Terse message retransmission: A cross-hazard analysis of Twitter warning messages. Sutton, J., Gibson, C. B., Phillips, N. E., Spiro, E. S., League, C., Johnson, B., Fitzhugh, S. M., & Butts, C. T. (Accepted). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- What it takes to get passed on: Message content, style, and structure as predictors of retransmission in the Boston Marathon bombing response. Sutton, J., Gibson, C.B., Spiro, E.S., League, C., Fitzhugh, S. M., Butts, C. T. (2015). PLoS ONE, 10(8)
- Willingness to click: Risk information seeking during imminent threats. Sutton J., Woods, C. W., and Vos, S. C. (in press). Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management.
- Designing imminent threat messages for an unfamiliar hazard. Sutton, J., & Kaufmann, R. (in press). Communication Teacher.
Cancer Center Member
Dr. Sutton's research investigates the evolving role of information and communication technology, including social media and mobile devices, for disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Cancer Prevention and Control
College & Department
- College of Communication and Information
- Department of Communication