Faculty RankAssistant Professor
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Loss of polycomb repressive complex 2 complements Lkb1 loss to drive squamous transition of lung adenocarcinoma. Zhang H*, Fillmore Brainson C*, Koyama S, Herter-Sprie GS, Lu G, Zhang X, Marsh BP, Tuminello SJ, Xu C, Chen Z, Akbay E, Zheng M, Palakurthi S, Bass A, Sharpless NE, Dranoff G, Hammerman PS, Ji H, Bardeesy N, Saur D, Watanabe H, Kim CF, Wong KK. In press at Nature Communications February 2017. (* co-first author)
- EZH2 inhibition sensitizes BRG1 and EGFR mutant lung tumors to TopoII inhibitors. Fillmore CM, Xu C, Desai PT, Berry JM, Rowbotham SP, Lin YJ, Zhang H, Marquez VE, Hammerman PS, Wong KK, Kim CF. Nature 520:239-242, 2015. PMCID:PMC4393352
- Loss of Lkb1 and Pten leads to lung squamous cell carcinoma with elevated PD-L1 expression. Xu C*, Fillmore CM*, Koyama S, Wu H, Zhao Y, Chen Z, Herter-Sprie GS, Akbay EA, Tchaicha JH, Altabef A, Reibel JB, Walton Z, Ji H, Watanabe H, Jänne PA, Castrillon DH, Rustgi AK, Bass AJ, Freeman GJ, Padera RF, Dranoff G, Hammerman PS, Kim CF, Wong KK. Cancer Cell 25:590-604, 2014. PMCID:PMC4112370 (* co-first author)
- Lung stem cell self-renewal relies on Bmi1-dependent control of expression at imprinted loci. Zacharek SJ, Fillmore CM, Lau AN, Gludish D, Chou A, Ho JW, Zamponi R, Gazit R, Bock C, Jäger N, Smith ZD, Kim TM, Saunders AH, Wong J, Lee JH, Roach RR, Rossi DJ, Meissner A, Gimelbrant AA, Park PJ, Kim CF. 2011. Cell Stem Cell 9(3):272-281.
- Stochastic state transitions give rise to phenotypic equilibrium in populations of cancer cells. Gupta PB, Fillmore CM, Jiang G, Shapira SD, Tao K, Kuperwasser C, Lander ES. Cell 146:633-644, 2011.
Cancer Center Member
Epigenetic control of lung stem cells and lung cancer.
For more information on Dr. Brainson's lab, visit the homepage online.
- Genomic Instability, Epigenetics and Metabolism
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Toxicology and Cancer Biology