Star ratings are displayed for providers who see patients in a clinic and have 10 or more survey responses annually. At this time this rating does not include providers who see patients only in our hospitals. Learn more about our ratings and reviews.
Faculty RankAssociate Professor
Are you happy with the care you received from this provider?
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Caloric restriction preserves memory and reduces anxiety of aging mice with early enhancement of neurovascular functions. Parikh I, Guo J, Chuang K H, Zhong Y, Rempe R G, Hoffman J D, Armstrong R, Bauer Bjoern, Hartz Anika Maria Sophie, Lin Ai-Ling. (2016). Aging.
- Highlights From the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists/ International Transporter Consortium Joint Workshop on Drug Transporters in Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion
Ronaldson P T, Bauer Bjoern, El-Kattan A F, Shen H, Salphati L, Louie S W. (2016). Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics, 100(5), 419-422.
- Matrix metalloproteinases in the brain and blood-brain barrier: Versatile breakers and makers. Journal of cerebral blood flow and metabolism Rempe R G, Hartz Anika Maria Sophie, Bauer Bjoern. (2016). Journal of the International Society of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, 36(9), 1481-507.
- A Comprehensive Behavioral Test Battery to Assess Learning and Memory in 129S6/Tg2576 Mice. Wolf A, Bauer Bjoern, Abner Erin, Ashkenazy-Frolinger T, Hartz Anika Maria Sophie. (2016). PloS one, 11(1), e0147733.
- The multidrug resistance pump ABCB1 is a substrate for the ubiquitin ligase NEDD4-1. Akkaya B G, Zolnerciks J K, Ritchie T K, Bauer Bjoern, Hartz Anika Maria Sophie, Sullivan J A, Linton K J. (2015). Molecular membrane biology, 1-7.
Cancer Center Member
- Research focus on blood-brain barrier function in brain disorders (epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, brain tumors).
- Graduate Teaching: Pharmacokinetics, Ethics in Research.
- Teaching Professional Pharmacy Students: PHS931: Neuropharmacology, PHS947/PHR921: Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.