Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Mice with targeted inactivation of ppap2b in endothelial and hematopoietic cells display enhanced vascular inflammation and permeability. Panchatcharam M, Salous AK, Brandon J, Miriyala S, Wheeler J, Patil P, Sunkara M, Morris AJ, Escalante-Alcalde D, Smyth SS. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014 Apr;34(4):837-45. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.113.302335. Epub 2014 Feb 6. PubMed PMID: 24504738; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4001868.
- Integrin-mediated cell surface recruitment of autotaxin promotes persistent directional cell migration. FASEB J. 2014 Feb;28(2):861-70. doi: 10.1096/fj.13-232868. Wu T, Kooi CV, Shah P, Charnigo R, Huang C, Smyth SS, Morris AJ. Epub 2013 Nov 25. PubMed PMID: 24277575; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3898650.
- Podoplanin maintains high endothelial venule integrity by interacting with platelet CLEC-2. Herzog BH, Fu J, Wilson SJ, Hess PR, Sen A, McDaniel JM, Pan Y, Sheng M, Yago T, Silasi-Mansat R, McGee S, May F, Nieswandt B, Morris AJ, Lupu F, Coughlin SR, McEver RP, Chen H, Kahn ML, Xia L. Nature. 2013 Oct 3;502(7469):105-9. doi: 10.1038/nature12501. Epub 2013 Sep 1. PubMed PMID: 23995678; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3791160.
- Mechanism of rapid elimination of lysophosphatidic acid and related lipids from the circulation of mice. Salous AK, Panchatcharam M, Sunkara M, Mueller P, Dong A, Wang Y, Graf GA, Smyth SS, Morris AJ. J Lipid Res. 2013 Oct;54(10):2775-84. doi: 10.1194/jlr.M039685. Epub 2013 Aug 15. PubMed PMID: 23948545; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3770090.
- Efficient use of exogenous isoprenols for protein isoprenylation by MDA-MB-231 cells is regulated independently of the mevalonate pathway. Onono F, Subramanian T, Sunkara M, Subramanian KL, Spielmann HP, Morris AJ. J Biol Chem. 2013 Sep 20;288(38):27444-55. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M113.482307. Epub 2013 Aug 1. PubMed PMID: 23908355; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3779739.
Cancer Center Member
Our laboratory studies the role of lipid metabolism and lipid signaling in mechanisms that determine environmental and heritable cardiovascular disease risk.
Current areas of interest include studies of integral membrane lipid phosphatases and bioactive lysophospholipid meditators and investigations into mechanisms linking diet induced obesity and exposure to environmental pollutants to human disease. We are also invested in the development and application of mass spectrometry-based methods for structural analysis and quantitation of lipids and other biologically important molecules.
- Cancer Cell Biology and Signaling
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Internal Medicine