Faculty RankProfessor of Family and Community Medicine
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft. Worth
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Faculty Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Family Medicine
Family & Community MedicineSuite 125
UK HealthCare - TurflandFax: 859-257-72312195 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington KY 40504Monday - Friday: 7:00 am-6:00 pm
The Turfland facility is open at 7 a.m., but many clinics do not open until 8 a.m.
General directions to Turfland (PDF, 493 KB) Directions to Turfland from Perimeter Drive (PDF, 484 KB) Directions to Turfland from Kentucky Clinic (PDF, 518 KB) Directions to Turfland from outside Lexington (PDF, 483 KB)
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers
- Systematic Review of Ambulatory Transitional Care Management (TCM) Visits on Hospital 30-Day Readmission Rates.
Roper KL, Ballard J, Rankin W, Cardarelli R. Am J Med Qual. 2015 Dec 1.
- Identifying Community Perspectives for a Lung Cancer Screening Awareness Campaign in Appalachia Kentucky: The Terminate Lung Cancer (TLC) Study.
Cardarelli R, Roper KL, Cardarelli K, Feltner FJ, Prater S, Ledford KM, Justice B, Reese DR, Wagner P, Cantrell C. J Cancer Educ. 2015 Sep 28.
- Suicide risk and mental health co-morbidities in a probationer population.
Cardarelli R, Balyakina E, Malone K, Fulda KG, Ellison M, Sivernell R, Shabu T. Community Ment Health J. 2015 Feb;51(2):145-52.
- The Association of Free Testosterone Levels in Men and Lifestyle Factors and Chronic Disease Status: A North Texas Healthy Heart Study.
Cardarelli R, Singh M, Meyer J, Balyakina E, Perez O, King M. J Prim Care Community Health. 2014 Jul;5(3):173-9
- Incidental computer tomography radiologic findings through research participation in the North Texas Healthy Heart Study.
Espinoza A, Malone K, Balyakina E, Fulda KG, Cardarelli R. J Am Board Fam Med. 27(3):314-20.
- Systematic Review of Ambulatory Transitional Care Management (TCM) Visits on Hospital 30-Day Readmission Rates. Roper KL, Ballard J, Rankin W, Cardarelli R. Am J Med Qual. 2015 Dec 1.
- Cancer Prevention
- Chronic Disease Management
- Community Medicine
- Population Health
Cancer Center Member
- Cancer Prevention and Control
College & Department
- College of Medicine