Faculty RankTyler Gill Professor of Surgery
Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colo.
Letterman Army Medical Center, San Francisco
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Cardiothoracic Surgery ClinicThird Floor, Room L300
Kentucky ClinicFax: 859-257-9813740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536Monday - Friday: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Clinic times vary per physician
After Hours contact: 859-257-1000
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Practice Guideline Series – Aspirin and other anti-platelet agents during operative coronary revascularization – Executive Summary. Ferraris VA, Ferraris SP, Moliterno DJ, Camp PC, Walenga JM, Messmore HL, Jeske WP, Edwards FH, Royston D, Shahian DM, Peterson E, Bridges CR and Despotis G. Ann Thorac Surg 79:1454-61, 2005.
- Aspirin and postoperative bleeding after coronary artery surgery. Ferraris VA, Ferraris SP, Wehner P, Joseph O, Mentzer RM. Ann Surg 235:820-6, 2002.
- Aspirin usage and perioperative blood loss in patients undergoing unexpected operations. Ferraris VA and Swanson E. Surg Gynecol Obstet 156:439-42, 1982
- Perioperative blood transfusion & blood conservation in cardiac surgery: the society of thoracic surgeons and the society of cardiovascular anesthesiologists clinical practice guideline. Ferraris VA, Ferraris SP, Saha SP, Hessel EA, Haan CK, Royston D, Bridges CR, Higgins RSD, Despotis G, Brown JR, Spiess BD, Shore-Lesserson L, Stafford-Smith M, Mazer CD, Bennett-Guerrero E, Hill SE and Body S. Ann Thorac Surg 83:S27-S86, 2007.
- The impact of anti-platelet drugs on trauma outcomes. Ferraris VA, Bernard AC, Hyde B and Kearney PA. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:492-7, 2012.
Cancer Center Member
Platelet function and carcinogenesis.
- Cancer Cell Biology and Signaling
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Surgery