Faculty RankProfessor of Medicine
University of Utah, Salt Lake City
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
Hematology and Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Atg7 cooperates with Pten loss to drive prostate cancer growth. Santanam U, Banach-Petrosky W, Abate-Shen C, Shen MM, White E, and DiPaola RS. Genes & Development. 2016 Feb 15;30(4):399-407. PubMed PMID: 26883359; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4762425.
- Chemohormonal Therapy in Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer. Sweeney CJ, Chen YH, Carducci M, Liu G, Jarrard DF, Eisenberger M, Wong YN, Hahn N, Kohli M, Cooney MM, Dreicer R, Vogelzang NJ, Picus J, Shevrin D, Hussain M, Garcia JA, DiPaola RS. N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 20; 373(8):737-46. Epub 2015 Aug 5. PMID: 26244877.
- Survival following primary androgen deprivation therapy among men with localized prostate cancer. Lu-Yao GL, Albertsen PC, Moore DF, Shih W, Lin Y, DiPaola RS and Yao SL. JAMA. 2008 Jul 9;300(2):173-81. PubMed PMID: 18612114; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2645653.
- Phase I trial of weekly docetaxel with concurrent three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy in the treatment of unfavorable localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate. Kumar P, Perrotti M, Weiss R, Todd M, Goodin S Cummings K and DiPaola RS. J Clin Oncol. 2004 May 15;22(10):1909-15. PubMed PMID: 15143084.
- Clinical and biologic activity of an estrogenic herbal combination (PC-SPES) in prostate cancer. DiPaola RS, Zhang H, Lambert GH, Meeker R, Licitra E, et al. N Engl J Med. 1998 Sep 17;339(12):785-91. PubMed PMID: 9738085.
Cancer Center Member
Drug Resistance in Cancer Therapy - preclinical studies that support translational clinical trials and investigations into prostate cancer drug resistance.
- Translational Oncology
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Internal Medicine
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson BuildingFax 859-257-3757800 Rose St.
First Floor, Room 134
Lexington, KY 40536
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers