An asthma reliever is a drug that provides relief from asthma symptoms. This chart shows the overall percentage of pediatric asthma patients who received relievers during hospitalization.
Systemic corticosteroid are medications used to reduce airway inflammation and control moderate to severe asthma symptoms.
This chart shows the percentage of pediatric asthma patients who received systemic corticosteroids while in the hospital.
This indicator reports the percentage of pediatric asthma patients and/or their caregivers who were given a written Home Management Plan of Care document (HMPC). This plan provides written instructions for the patient’s ongoing care, including:
- Arrangements for follow-up care.
- Control of asthma triggers in the patient’s surroundings.
- The method and timing of rescue actions if they are necessary.
- The name, dose, frequency and method of administration of prescribed controller medications.
- Name, dose, frequency, method of administration, and method of adjusting the dose and/or frequency of any prescribed reliever medications based on severity of symptoms.