UK HealthCare has established the Office for Value & Innovation in Healthcare Delivery (OVIHD), aiming to provide value-based care across our health system. By re-engineering care delivery using expertise from industry, UK HealthCare will undergo a transformation of its delivery system to optimize care coordination for patients.
“As the health care delivery system continues to evolve, we must be ready to respond to market needs, without losing focus on patient safety and care across the health care continuum,” said Michael Karpf, MD, executive vice president for health affairs. “The Office for Value & Innovation in Healthcare Delivery will include process improvement, patient safety, infection prevention and control. It is vital to our health care delivery now and in the future.”
OVIHD will provide the expertise to standardize delivery of evidence-based best practices. It will access the deep and broad resources of the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Health, Nursing, Health Sciences, Dentistry, Business, Engineering and Communication & Information in collaboration with the Center for Health Services Research to build a learning health system and train health care professionals, analysts and leaders of the future.
- Working Outside the Box: How a Markey Lab is Helping Stroke Patients
- Pledge to Quit During the Great American Smokeout
- Kentucky Drug Overdose Fatality Surveillance System Report Sheds New Light on Drug Overdose Circumstances
- UK Study Shows Cell Signaling Interaction May Prevent Key Step in Lung Cancer Progression
- Mays Receives American Public Health Association's Excellence in Health Administration Award
- Plant-Based Diet May Prevent Many Diseases
- Markey Joins Personalized Medicine Consortium to Speed Advances in Patient Care
- UK Center for Health Services Research Collaborates with Health Departments to Study Injection Drug Use
- When it Comes to Strokes, Timing is Everything
- Diagnosing and Treating Compartment Syndrome in Athletes
While we want to provide you the best information possible there are many additional websites that could provide valuable information including data if available.
Information & Data
- Kentucky Hospital Association
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Commonwealth Fund