Dr. Dan Han is the chief of the clinical section of the UK Neuropsychology Service, the director of neurobehavioral studies at the UK Sports Medicine Research Institute, and an associate professor of neurology, neurosurgery, and physical medicine and rehabilitation at the UK College of Medicine.
Dr. Han received his clinical psychology and neuropsychology training at the Adler School of Professional Psychology, the University of Chicago Medical Center, Rush University Medical Center and Dreikurs Psychological Services Center in Chicago. He then completed a two-year fellowship in clinical neuropsychology at the Charles Matthews Neuropsychology Laboratory at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
Dr. Han is the past president of the Lexington Board of Brain Injury Alliance, current chair of the Medical & Scientific Advisory Board of the Association of the U.S. Army – McMillan Chapter, and president of the International Society of Neurogastronomy. He has received the Honor the Fallen Soldier Patriot Medallion from the Association of the U.S. Army – McMillan Chapter, the Jack Runyon Service Award by the Kentucky Psychological Association and the Founder’s Award by the International Society of Neurogastronomy. He is also a Blavatnik nominee in Life Sciences by The New York Academy of Sciences. Dr. Han has received funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense, and other federal and state mechanisms, foundational grants, and clinical trials involving studies of brain-behavior relationships and curriculum development.
Faculty RankAssociate Professor of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Adler School of Professional Psychology, Chicago
Dreikurs Psychological Services Center, Chicago
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison
- Convergent and discriminant validity of the Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing battery (ImPACT) in young athletes. Koehl LM, Walls B, Brothers S, Morris SN, Glueck AC, Schmitt FA, Berry DTR, Han DY. Appl Neuropsychol Child. (in press).
- Chronic Neuropsychological Sequelae in a Patient with Non-tumorous Anti-NMDA-Receptor Encephalitis. Han DY, Koehl LM, Patel A, Zhou Z, Phillips S, Kapoor S. Case Rep Neurol Med. 2017;2017:5675732.
- Factors that impact medical student and house-staff career interest in brain related specialties. Kamour AH, Han DY, Mannino DM, Hessler AB, Kedar S. J Neurol Sci. 2016;369:312-7.
- Odorant-triggered migraine attacks in a case of iatrogenic olfactory neuropathy. Justusson E, Han DY, Kapoor S, Smith J. Headache. 2016;56(9):1512-3.
- Acquired Brain Injury: Clinical Essentials for Neurotrauma and Rehabilitation Professionals. Han DY, ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2016.
- Acquired Brain Injury: Clinical Essentials for Neurotrauma and Rehabilitation Professionals. Bernert SA, Han DY. ABI Rehabilitation. In: Han DY, ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2016: 299-320.
- Cognition and depression following DBS of the subthalamic nucleus and globus pallidus pars internus in Parkinson's Disease: a meta-analysis. Combs HL, Folley BS, Berry DTR, Segerstrom SC, Han DY, Anderson-Mooney AJ, Walls B, van Horne C. Neuropsychol Rev. 2015;25(4):439-54.
- Concussions in youth sports. Han DY. Kentucky Living. 2015; 41.
- Safe Return to Riding. Carmargo FC, Darbee JC, Emmerson AE, Erlandson EE, Jehlik C, Han DY, Lawyer KA, Matott TJ, Stowe CJ, Truscott L, Yanssens D. Lexington, KY: Saddle Up Safely; 2015.
- Pb neurotoxicity: neuropsychological effects of lead toxicity. Mason LH, Harp JP, Han DY. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:840547.
- Neuropsychology in multidisciplinary stroke care: clinical feasibility of the NINDS-CSN Vascular Cognitive Impairment harmonization standards. Han DY, Anderson AJ, Jones JE, Hermann BP, Sattin JA. ISRN Neurol. 2014;1:1-6.
- Diagnosis of posterior cortical atrophy delayed by coexisting Fuchs' Endothelial Corneal Dystrophy. Han DY, Shandera-Ochsner AL, Bell BD, Seeger SK. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2014;29(2):138-41.
- Comparing the trends of elevated blood pressure in Appalachian and non-Appalachian regions. Shandera-Ochsner AL, Han DY, Rose D, Aroor SR, Schmitt F, Bellamy LM, Dobbs MR. J Clin Hypertens. 2014;16(10):713-5.
- The Neuropsychology of Cortical Dementias. Han DY, Pyykkonen BA, Shandera-Ochsner AL, Schmitt FA. Frontotemporal Dementias. In: Noggle CA, Dean RS, eds. New York, NY: Springer; 2014: 221-248.
- Neuropsychiatric symptom assessments in toxic exposure. Mason LH, Mathews MJ, Han DY. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(2):201-8.
- Don't take concussions lightly. Han DY. Lexington Herald Leader. September 1, 2013; C16.
- Neurocognition in Hydrocephalus and Surgical Interventions. Oliveira MD, Pyykkonen BA, Han DY. In: Metzger F, ed. Neuropsychology: New Research. New York, NY: Nova; 2013: 119-138.
- Mental Status and Neuropsychological Examinations for Assessing Neurodegenerative Diseases. Dennis BC, Shandera-Ochsner AL, Nelson PT, Han DY, Schmitt FA. In: Metzger F, ed. Neuropsychology: New Research. New York, NY: Nova; 2013: 139-154.
- Cognitive outcome of cerebral fat embolism. Manousakis G, Han DY, Backonja M. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012;21(8):906.e1-3.
- A brief review of cognitive assessment in neurotoxicology. Han DY, Hoelzle JB, Dennis BC, Hoffmann M. Neurol Clin. 2011;29(3):581-90.
- Development of neurocognitive disorders and dementia in HIV/AIDS. Dennis BC, Houff SA, Han DY, Schmitt FA. Neurobehav HIV Med. 2011;3:9-18.
- Behavioral outcome measures used for human neural stem cell transplantation in rat stroke models. Jensen MB, Han DY, Sawaf AA, Krishnaney-davison R. Neurol Int. 2011;3(2):e10.
- Athletes of all contact sports are at risk of concussion. Han DY. Lexington Herald Leader. October 2, 2011; D12.
- Repeatable battery for the assessment of neuropsychological status (RBANS) and depressive complaints in older adults. Hook JN, Han DY, Smith CA. Clinical Gerontologist. 2010;33(2):84-91.
- Dementia in the elderly; the early signs, and when and how to seek help. Han DY, Lee EJ. 예향. October 1, 2007; 19.
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Chemosensory Perception