Pelvic floor disorders affect many women. Urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and overactive bladder can be uncomfortable and embarrassing. You don’t have to suffer alone.
UK HealthCare’s female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery program includes physicians specially trained to treat your pelvic floor disorder.
UK Good Samaritan Medical Office Building125 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington KY 40508
The pelvic floor is a group of muscles, ligaments and tissues that help hold together and control the uterus, vagina, bladder, rectum and bowels. Factors that increase your risk for pelvic floor disorders include childbirth, age, heavy lifting, strenuous physical activity and family history.
Conditions we treat include:
- Pelvic organ prolapse – Descent of pelvic organs causing bulging or pressure.
- Urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence – Unintended loss of urine or stool.
- Overactive bladder – Frequent need to use the restroom.
- Fistula – Unnatural connection between two organs or areas of the pelvic floor.
You’ll get a treatment plan tailored to your needs. Options include:
- Therapeutic exercises
- Vaginal devices
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic surgery