The mission of nursing research at UK HealthCare is to advance evidence-based and research-based nursing practice. Our vision is to aid the people of Kentucky and beyond in optimizing health by excellence in nursing care.
The research priorities for Nursing Research at UK HealthCare have been established in conjunction with nursing services and the College of Nursing to build on existing programs.
Nursing Research External Resources
The philosophy of Nursing Research at UK HealthCare is to apply clinical and basic research to the practice of evidence-based nursing care to:
- Understand and ease symptoms of acute and chronic illness
- Prevent or delay the onset of a disease or disability or slow its progression
- Improve clinical settings in which care is provided
- Assess the quality of care as perceived by our patients
- Determine, test or implement strategies to improve patient care
UK nursing research accomplishes its mission by using highly educated nurses to educate and mentor clinical nursing staff in developing and conducting research. In addition, UK HealthCare supports collaboration between the academic and clinical sectors to provide a suitable setting for comprehensive research training.