UK•MDs: Call 800-888-5533
Our medical contact center provides 24/7 access to UK HealthCare specialists with one phone call for:
- Emergent transfers
To make an online outpatient non-urgent patient referral please visit our secure referral form.
Find a UK HealthCare provider
To find a UK HealthCare specialist or service, call UK-MDs or visit Find a Doctor.
Physician Liaisons are available to meet with physicians, nurse practitioners or physician assistants and their office staff throughout the region to discuss referrals to UK HealthCare.
The liaisons are also available to:
- Arrange for CME programs given by UK faculty at your facility or hospital
- Come to your office or hospital to discuss services offered by our clinical faculty
- Demonstrate our provider portal for referring physicians
- Assist you with access, communication and service concerns
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information about this program.
- If you are new to UK HealthCare, please complete this form to create your provider profile.
- If you already have a provider profile you may also use this form to keep your information up-to-date.
- UK HealthCare providers, you may also find your profile and choose update or correct this page at the bottom (lower right, below the footer navigation). Or call UK-MDs at 859-231-9922.
Get a new headshot photo
Each UK HealthCare provider who is involved in patient care is encouraged to obtain a professional photo through the Physician Liaison Program. This photo is used in the print directory and on our website. There is no cost to you or your department, and you will be given digital copies of your photos. Liz Robertson arranges for photo sessions at UK HealthCare several times per year, so please send an email to email@example.com. We ask that you use our photographer for consistency throughout the web and printed directory.
UK HealthCare’s Physician Handbook (PDF, 21 MB) - for patient referral is a comprehensive directory of our departments and physicians.
Printed copies of the referral directory have been mailed to all providers throughout the region. If you did not receive a copy or you would like additional directories please call 859-323-4845. You may also search UK HealthCare's online directory of departments.
If you are a health care provider, call UK•MDs at 800-888-5533 for assistance in reaching a physician liaison. You may also view contact information for a specific physician liaison.
Research studies & videos
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Current studies at the University of Kentucky
- Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials
- Sanders Brown Center on Aging Clinical Trials
- Women's Health Registry
Other information on research
- CenterWatch Trials Listing Service
- Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation
- National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine
- Research Registry and Specimen Bank
University of Kentucky clinical trials video series
- The Importance of Clinical Trials at the University of Kentucky
- UK Researchers Dispel the Myths of Clinical Trials
- Kentuckians Give Back, Fight Disease by Participating in Clinical Trials
- Research at the University of Kentucky Thrives Thanks to Clinical Trials
- Clinical Trials at UK Help the Entire State of Kentucky