Markey Cancer Center investigators who have utilized CRI's data sources and services:
- Ellingson SR-CS, Fardo DW. Automated quality control for genome wide association studies. F1000Res 5:1889, 2016. PMCID: PMC5007749.
- Evangelista W-INT, Weir RL-INT, Ellingson SR-CS, Harris JB-INT, Kapoor K-INT, Smith JC-INT, Baudry J-INT. Ensemble-based docking: From hit discovery to metabolism and toxicity predictions. Bioorg Med Chem 24:4928-4935, 2016. PMCID: PMC5073379
- Kudrimoti M-DT, Curtis A-INT, Azawi S-INT, Worden F-INT, Katz S-INT, Adkins D-INT, Bonomi M-INT, Elder J-INT, Sonis ST-INT, Straube R-INT, Donini O-INT. Dusquetide: A novel innate defense regulator demonstrating a significant and consistent reduction in the duration of oral mucositis in preclinical data and a randomized, placebo-controlled phase 2a clinical study. J Biotechnol 239:115-125, 2016.
- Hensley PJ, Zetter D, Horbinski CM-INT, Strup SE, Kyprianou N-CS. Association of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and nuclear cofilin with advanced urothelial cancer. Hum Pathol 57:68-77, 2016.
- Li J, Song J, Zaytseva YY-GE, Liu Y, Rychahou P, Jiang K, Starr ME, Kim JT, Harris JW, Yiannikouris FB, Katz WS, Nilsson PM-INT, Orho-Melander M-INT, Chen J, Zhu H-GE, Fahrenholz T, Higashi RM-GE, Gao T-CS, Morris AJ-CS, Cassis LA, Fan TW-GE, Weiss HL-DT, Dobner PR-INT, Melander O-INT, Jia J-CS, Evers BM. An obligatory role for neurotensin in high-fat-diet-induced obesity. Nature 533:411-415, 2016.
- Martin JT, Durbin EB-CP, Chen L-CP, Gal T, Mahan A, Ferraris V, Zwischenberger J. Nodal upstaging during lung cancer resection is associated with surgical approach. Ann Thorac Surg 101:238-244; discussion 244-235, 2016. PMCID: PMC4689653
- Martinez DJ-INT, Turner MM-INT, Pratt-Chapman M-INT, Kashima K-INT, Hargreaves MK-INT, Dignan MB-CP, Hebert JR-INT. The Effect of Changes in Health Beliefs Among African-American and Rural White Church Congregants Enrolled in an Obesity Intervention: A Qualitative Evaluation. J Community Health 41:518-525, 2016. PMCID: PMC4844792
- Rischin D-INT, Spigel DR-INT, Adkins D-INT, Wein R-INT, Arnold S-DT, Singhal N-INT, Lee O-INT, Murugappan S-INT. PRISM: Phase 2 trial with panitumumab monotherapy as second-line treatment in patients with recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck38:E1756-E1761, 2016.
- Saeed H, Hnoosh D, Huang B-CP, Durbin EB-CP, McGrath PC, Desimone P, Maynard E, Anthony LB-DT, Dineen SP, Hosein PJ-DT, Tzeng CW. Defining the optimal timing of adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma: A statewide cancer registry analysis. J Surg Oncol114:451-455, 2016.
- Stewart RL, Carpenter BL, West DS, Knifley T, Liu LL-INT, Wang C-CS, Weiss HL-DT, Gal TS, Durbin EB-CP, Arnold SM-DT, O'Connor KL-CS, Chen M-CS. S100A4 drives non-small cell lung cancer invasion, associates with poor prognosis, and is effectively targeted by the FDA-approved anti-helminthic agent niclosamide. Oncotarget 7:34630-34642, 2016. PMCID: PMC5085181
- Stewart RL, West D, Wang C-CS, Weiss HL-DT, Gal T-INT, Durbin EB-CP, O'Connor W, Chen M-CS, O'Connor KL-CS. Elevated integrin alpha6beta4 expression is associated with venous invasion and decreased overall survival in non-small cell lung cancer. Hum Pathol 54:174-183, 2016. PMCID: PMC4938774
- van Nagell JR-DT, Miller RW-DT. Evaluation and management of ultrasonographically detected ovarian tumors in asymptomatic women. Obstetrics and Gynecology 127:848-858, 2016.
- Allemani C, Weir HK, Carreira H, Harewood R, Spika D, Wang XS, Bannon F, Ahn JV, Johnson CJ, Bonaventure A, Marcos-Gragera R, Stiller C, Silva GAE, Chen WQ, Ogunbiyi OJ, Rachet B, Soeberg MJ, You H, Matsuda T, Bielska-Lasota M, Storm H, Tucker TC, Coleman MP, Grp CW. Global surveillance of cancer survival 1995-2009: analysis of individual data for 25 676 887 patients from 279 population-based registries in 67 countries (CONCORD-2). Lancet 385:977-1010, 2015.
- Villano JL, Durbin EB, Normandeau C, Thakkar JP, Moirangthem V, Davis FG. Incidence of brain metastasis at initial presentation of lung cancer. Neuro-Oncology 17:122-128, 2015.
- Massarweh S, Romond E, Black EP, Van Meter E, Shelton B, Kadamyan-Melkumian V, Stevens M, and Elledge R. A phase II study of combined fulvestrant and everolimus in patients with metastatic estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer after aromatase inhibitor (AI) failure. Breast Cancer Res Treat 143: 325-332, 2014.
- Chen L, Voronovich Z, Clark K, Hands I, Mannas J, Walsh, M, Nikiforova MN, Durbin, EB, Weiss H, Horbinkski, C. Predicting the likelihood of an isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 or 2 mutation in diagnoses of infiltrative glioma. Neuro Oncol. 2014 May 23. (PMID: 24860178).
- Hopenhayn C-CP, Christian A-INT, Christian JW-INT, Watson M-INT, Unger ER-INT, Lynch CF-INT, Peters ES-INT, Wilkinson EJ-INT, Huang Y-INT, Copeland G-INT, Cozen W-INT, Saber MS-INT, Goodman MT-INT, Hernandez BY-INT, Steinau M-INT, Lyu C-INT, Tucker TT-CP, Saraiya M-INT. Prevalence of human papillomavirus types in invasive cervical cancers from seven US cancer registries prior to vaccine introduction. Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease Jan:2014.
- Andrykowski MA, Steffens RF, Bush HM, Tucker TC. Disparities in mental health outcomes among lung cancer survivors associated with ruralness of residence. Psycho-Oncology 23:428-36, 2014.
- Flagg EW, Datta SD, Saraiya M, Unger ER, Peters E, Cole L, Chen VW, Tucker T, Byrne MJ, Copeland G, Silva W, Watson M, Weinstock H. Population-based surveillance for cervical cancer precursors in three central cancer registries, United States 2009. Cancer Causes and Control 25:571-81, 2014.
- Fleming ST, Mackley HB, Camacho F, Seiber EE, Gusani NJ, Matthews SA, Liao J, Yang TC, Hwang WK, Yao NL. Clinical, Sociodemographic, and Service Provider Determinants of Guideline Concordant Colorectal Cancer Care for Appalachian Residents. Journal of Rural Health 30:27-39, 2014.
- Kimmick G, Fleming ST, Sabatino SA, Wu XC, Hwang WK, Wilson JF, Lund MJ, Cress R, Anderson RT, Ctr Dis Control P. Comorbidity Burden and Guideline-Concordant Care for Breast Cancer. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 62:482-8, 2014.
- Long KL, Huang B, Guo J, Lee C, Sloan D, McKenzie S. Concerning Trends in Appalachian Patients with Thyroid Carcinoma. American Surgeon 80:620-3, 2014.
- Sabatino S, Thompson TD, Wu XC, Fleming ST, Kimmick GG, Trentham-Dietz A, Cress R, Anderson RT. The influence of diabetes severity on receipt of guideline-concordant treatment for breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 146:199-209, 2014.
- Sinno AK, Saraiya M, Thompson TD, Hernandez BY, Goodman MT, Steinau M, Lynch CF, Cozen W, Saber MS, Peters ES, Wilkinson EJ, Copeland G, Hopenhayn C, Watson M, Lyu C, Unger ER. Human Papillomavirus Genotype Prevalence in Invasive Vaginal Cancer From a Registry-Based Population. Obstetrics and Gynecology 123:817-21, 2014.
- Steinau M, Saraiya M, Goodman MT, Peters ES, Watson M, Cleveland JL, Lynch CF, Wilkinson EJ, Hernandez BY, Copeland G, Saber MS, Hopenhayn C, Huang YJ, Cozen W, Lyu C, Unger ER, Workgrp HPVTC. Human Papillomavirus Prevalence in Oropharyngeal Cancer before Vaccine Introduction, United States. Emerging Infectious Diseases 20:822-8, 2014.
- Wang D, Ho A, Hamilton AS, Wu XC, Lo M, Fleming S, Goodman M, Thompson T, Owen J. Type and dose of radiotherapy used for initial treatment of non-metastatic prostate cancer. Radiation Oncology 9:2014.
- Zelenskiy S, Thompson CL, Tucker TC, Li L. High Dietary Glycemic Load is Associated With Increased Risk of Colon Cancer. Nutrition and Cancer-an International Journal 66:362-8, 2014.
- Thakkar JP, McCarthy BJ, Villano JL. Age-Specific Cancer Incidence Rates Increase Through the Oldest Age Groups. American Journal of the Medical Sciences 348:65-70, 2014.
- Fleming ST, Hamilton AS, Sabatino SA, Kimmick GG, Wu XC, Owen JB, Huang B, Hwang W, Patterns Care Study G. Treatment patterns for prostate cancer comparison of medicare claims dataRosenthal to medical record review. Medical Care 2014;52:E58-E64.
- Pavlik EJ and van Nagell JR, Jr. Early detection of ovarian tumors using ultrasound. Women's Health 9:39-57, 2013.
- Kavuluru R, Hands I, Durbin EB, Witt L. Automatic Extraction of ICD-O-3 Primary Sites from Cancer Pathology Reports, in Proceedings AMIA Summit on Clinical Research Informatics 2013. American Medical Informatics Association: San Francisco, CA. 112-116, 2013.
- Baldwin LA, Huang B, Miller RW, Tucker T, Goodrich ST, Podzielinski I, DeSimone CP, Ueland FR, van Nagell JR and Seamon LG. Ten-Year Relative Survival for Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Obstetrics & Gynecology 120:612-8 10.1097/AOG.0b013e318264f794, 2012.
- Bardach SH, Schoenberg NE, Fleming ST and Hatcher J. Relationship Between Colorectal Cancer Screening Adherence and Knowledge Among Vulnerable Rural Residents of Appalachian Kentucky. Cancer Nurs 35:288-94, 2012. PMCID:3248994.
- Blake-Gumbs L, Chen Z, Thompson CL, Berger NA, Tucker TC and Li L. Adult BMI Change and Risk of Colon Cancer in Postmenopausal Women. Journal of Obesity 2012:2012. 3400390
- Burris JL, Jacobsen PB, Loftus LS and Andrykowski MA. Breast cancer recurrence risk reduction beliefs in breast cancer survivors: prevalence and relation to behavior. Psychooncology 21:427-35, 2012. PMCID:3116938.
- Chen L, Romond E, Chokshi S, Saeed H, Hodskins J, Stevens M, Pasley G, Weiss H and Massarweh S. A prognostic model of early breast cancer relapse after standard adjuvant therapy and comparison with metastatic disease on initial presentation. Breast cancer research and treatment 136:565-72, 2012. PMID: 23053651[PubMed in Process].
- Coker AL, Follingstad D, Garcia LS, Williams CM, Crawford TN and Bush HM. Association of Intimate Partner Violence and Childhood Sexual Abuse with Cancer-Related Well-Being in Women. Journal of women's health (2002) 2012. PMID 22946631
- Dragun AE, Huang B, Tucker TC and Spanos WJ. Increasing Mastectomy Rates Among all Age Groups for Early Stage Breast Cancer: A 10-Year Study of Surgical Choice. The Breast Journal 18:318-25, 2012. PMCID: 22607016
- Dragun AE, Huang B, Gupta S, Crew JB and Tucker TC. One Decade Later: Trends and Disparities in the Application of Post-Mastectomy Radiotherapy Since the Release of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guidelines. International Journal of Radiation Oncology* Biology* Physics 83:e591-e6, 2012. PMCID: 2276899.
- Freeman AB, Huang B and Dragun AE. Patterns of care with regard to surgical choice and application of adjuvant radiation therapy for preinvasive and early stage breast cancer in rural appalachia. Am J Clin Oncol 35:358-63, 2012 PMID: 21422902[PubMed -in process]
- Goedendorp MM, Andrykowski MA, Donovan KA, Jim HS, Phillips KM, Small BJ, Laronga C and Jacobsen PB. Prolonged impact of chemotherapy on fatigue in breast cancer survivors: a longitudinal comparison with radiotherapy-treated breast cancer survivors and noncancer controls. Cancer 118:3833-41, 2012.
- Head KJ and Cohen EL. Young Women's Perspectives on Cervical Cancer Prevention in Appalachian Kentucky. Qualitative Health Research 22:476-87, 2012.
- Studts CR, Tarasenko YN and Schoenberg NE. Barriers to cervical cancer screening among middle-aged and older rural appalachian women. J Community Health Published ahead of print Nov 2012.
- van Nagell JR, Jr. and Pavlik EJ. Ovarian cancer screening. Clin Obstet Gynecol 55:43-51, 2012. PMID: 223432228 [PubMed-in process}
- Christian WJ, Huang B, Rinehart J and Hopenhayn C. Exploring geographic variation in lung cancer incidence in Kentucky using a spatial scan statistic: elevated risk in the Appalachian coal-mining region. Public Health Rep 126:789-96, 2011. PMCID:3185314.
- Dragun AE, Huang B, Tucker TC and Spanos WJ. Disparities in the application of adjuvant radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery for early stage breast cancer: impact on overall survival. Cancer 117:2590-8, 2011.
- Drew EM and Schoenberg NE. Deconstructing fatalism: ethnographic perspectives on women's decision making about cancer prevention and treatment. Med Anthropol Q 25:164-82, 2011. PMCID:3156035.
- Hatcher J, Dignan MB and Schoenberg N. How do rural health care providers and patients view barriers to colorectal cancer screening? Insights from appalachian kentucky. Nurs Clin North Am 46:181-92, vi, 2011. PMCID:3086300.
- Johnson N, Shelton BJ, Hopenhayn C, Tucker TT, Unrine JM, Huang B, Christian W, Zhang Z, Shi X and Li L. Concentrations of arsenic, chromium, and nickel in toenail samples from Appalachian Kentucky residents. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 30:213-23, 2011.
- Kelly KM, Shedlosky-Shoemaker R, Porter K, Desimone P and Andrykowski M. Cancer recurrence worry, risk perception, and informational-coping styles among Appalachian cancer survivors. J Psychosoc Oncol 29:1-18, 2011. PMCID:3322407.
- Leach CR, Schoenberg NE and Hatcher J. Factors associated with participation in cancer prevention and control studies among rural Appalachian women. Fam Community Health 34:119-25, 2011. PMCID:3086267.
- Seamon LG, Tarrant RL, Fleming ST, Vanderpool RC, Pachtman S, Podzielinski I, Branscum AJ, Feddock JM, Randall ME and Desimone CP. Cervical cancer survival for patients referred to a tertiary care center in Kentucky. Gynecol Oncol 123:565-70, 2011
- Tarasenko Y and Schoenberg N. Colorectal cancer screening among rural Appalachian residents with multiple morbidities. Rural and Remote Health 11:50-76, 2011.
- Tucker T, Huang B, Bennett J, Durbin E and Jones W. The effect of insurance on stage at diagnosis for colorectal cancer patients in Kentucky. J Ky Med Assoc 109:63-8, 2011.
- van Nagell JR, Jr., Miller RW, DeSimone CP, Ueland FR, Podzielinski I, Goodrich ST, Elder JW, Huang B, Kryscio RJ and Pavlik EJ. Long-term survival of women with epithelial ovarian cancer detected by ultrasonographic screening. Obstet Gynecol 118:1212-21, 2011. PMID: 22105249[PubMed-in process]
- Zhang Z, Wang X, Cheng S, Sun L, Son YO, Yao H, Li W, Budhraja A, Li L, Shelton BJ, Tucker T, Arnold SM and Shi X. Reactive oxygen species mediate arsenic induced cell transformation and tumorigenesis through Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in human colorectal adenocarcinoma DLD1 cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 256:114-21, 2011.
- Andrykowski MA and Burris JL. Use of formal and informal mental health resources by cancer survivors: differences between rural and nonrural survivors and a preliminary test of the theory of planned behavior. Psychooncology 19:1148-55, 2010. PMCID:2889207.
- Andrykowski MA, Burris JL, Walsh E, Small BJ and Jacobsen PB. Attitudes toward information about genetic risk for cognitive impairment after cancer chemotherapy: breast cancer survivors compared with healthy controls. J Clin Oncol 28:3442-7, 2010. PMCID:2917210.
- Gal TJ, Shinn J and Huang B. Current epidemiology and management trends in acoustic neuroma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:677-81, 2010.
- Ochs-Balcom HM, Thompson CL, Plummer S, Luo G, Tucker TC, Casey G and Li L. A RecQ Protein-like 5 Haplotype is Associated With Colon Cancer. Gastroenterology Research 3:101-5, 2010.
- Stroup A, Durbin E, Harrell C, Kim H, Williams J and Dibble R. Geographic Patterns in Lung Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Utah: 1997-2006. Utah's Health: An Annual Review 15:44-50, 2010.
- Thompson CL, Plummer SJ, Tucker TC, Casey G and Li L. Interleukin-22 genetic polymorphisms and risk of colon cancer. Cancer Cause Control 21:1165-70, 2010.
- Coker AL, DeSimone CP, Eggleston KS, Hopenhayn C, Nee J and Tucker T. Smoking and survival among Kentucky women diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer: 1995-2005. Gynecol Oncol 112:365-9, 2009. PMCID:2661148.
- Huang B, Carloss H, Wyatt SW and Riley E. Hormone replacement therapy and survival in lung cancer in postmenopausal women in a rural population. Cancer 115:4167-75, 2009.
- Huang B, Dignan M, Han D and Johnson O. Does distance matter? Distance to mammography facilities and stage at diagnosis of breast cancer in Kentucky. J Rural Health 25:366-71, 2009.
- Phillips LS, Thompson CL, Merkulova A, Plummer SJ, Tucker TC, Casey G and Li L. No association between phosphatase and tensin homolog genetic polymorphisms and colon cancer. World J Gastroenterol 15:3771-5, 2009. PMCID:2726455.
- Salsman JM, Segerstrom SC, Brechting EH, Carlson CR and Andrykowski MA. Posttraumatic growth and PTSD symptomatology among colorectal cancer survivors: a 3-month longitudinal examination of cognitive processing. Psychooncology 18:30-41, 2009. PMCID:3319916.
- Thompson CL, Plummer SJ, Acheson LS, Tucker TC, Casey G and Li L. Association of common genetic variants in SMAD7 and risk of colon cancer. Carcinogenesis 30:982-6, 2009. PMCID:2691142.
- Thompson CL, Plummer SJ, Merkulova A, Cheng I, Tucker TC, Casey G and Li L. No association between cyclooxygenase-2 and uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 1A6 genetic polymorphisms and colon cancer risk. World J Gastroenterol 15:2240-4, 2009. PMCID:2682239.
- Hopenhayn C, King JB, Christian A, Huang B and Christian WJ. Variability of cervical cancer rates across 5 Appalachian states, 1998-2003. Cancer 113:2974-80, 2008.
- Huang B, Valentino J, Wyatt SW and Gal TJ. Incidence of oral cavity and pharynx cancer in Kentucky. J Ky Med Assoc 106:355-60, 2008.
- Li L, Plummer SJ, Thompson CL, Merkulova A, Acheson LS, Tucker TC and Casey G. A common 8q24 variant and the risk of colon cancer: a population-based case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:339-42, 2008.
- Li L, Plummer SJ, Thompson CL, Tucker TC and Casey G. Association between phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulatory subunit p85alpha Met326Ile genetic polymorphism and colon cancer risk. Clin Cancer Res 14:633-7, 2008.
- Martin FM, Harris AM, Rowland RG, Conner W, Lane M, Durbin E, Baron AT and Kyprianou N. Decreased risk of bladder cancer in men treated with quinazoline-based α1-adrenoceptor antagonists. Gene therapy & molecular biology 12:253, 2008. PMCID: 2921713
- Nock NL, Thompson CL, Tucker TC, Berger NA and Li L. Associations between obesity and changes in adult BMI over time and colon cancer risk. Obesity 16:1099-104, 2008.
- Ochs-Balcom HM, Cicek MS, Thompson CL, Tucker TC, Elston RC, Plummer SJ, Casey G and Li L. Association of vitamin D receptor gene variants, adiposity and colon cancer. Carcinogenesis 29:1788-93, 2008. PMCID: 2722851
- Harris AM, Warner BW, Wilson JM, Becker A, Rowland RG, Conner W, Lane M, Kimbler K, Durbin EB, Baron AT and Kyprianou N. Effect of alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonist exposure on prostate cancer incidence: an observational cohort study. J Urology 178:2176-80, 2007. PMCID:2084470.
- Hopenhayn C, Christian A, Christian WJ and Schoenberg NE. Human papillomavirus vaccine: knowledge and attitudes in two Appalachian Kentucky counties. Cancer Cause Control 18:627-34, 2007.
- Hopenhayn C, Tucker T, Christian A and Christian WJ. Patterns of cervical cancer risk in Kentucky. J Ky Med Assoc 105:205-8, 2007.
- Kelly KM, Phillips CM, Jenkins C, Norling G, White C, Jenkins T, Armstrong D, Petrik J, Steinkuhl A, Washington R and Dignan M. Physician and staff perceptions of barriers to colorectal cancer screening in Appalachian Kentucky. Cancer Control 14:167-75, 2007.
- Kloecker GH, Studts JL, Laber DA and Bousamra M. Lung cancer in the US and in Kentucky. J Ky Med Assoc 105:159-64, 2007.
- van Nagell Jr JR, DePriest PD, Ueland FR, DeSimone CP, Cooper AL, McDonald JM, Pavlik EJ and Kryscio RJ. Ovarian cancer screening with annual transvaginal sonography. Cancer 109:1887-96, 2007.
CRI Staff Abstracts, Presentations, and Other Publications
- Ellingson SR, Miao Y, Baudry J, and Smith JC. Multi-conformer ensemble docking to difficult protein targets. J Phys Chem [serial online]. September 2014; doi: 10.1021/jp506511p. Available from ACS Publications with Full Text, Washington, DC.
- Alqaisi A, Chen L, Romond E, Chambers M, Stevens M, Pasley G, Awasthi M, and Massarweh S. Impact of estrogen receptor (ER) and human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2) coexpression on breast cancer disease characteristics: implications for tumor biology and research. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment [serial online]. September 2014; doi: 10.1007/s10549-014-3145-x
- Gal TS, Tucker TC, Gangopadhyay A, Chen ZY. A data recipient centered de-identification method to retain statistical attributes. Journal of Biomedical Informatics 2014;50:32-45.
- Durbin EB, Gal TS, Cernile G, Johnson TR. Automated Coding of Key Cancer Concepts from Text Based Electronic Pathology Reports [Abstract]. Proceedings of the AMIA Joint Summits on Translational Biomedical Informatics: 146. March 2012
- Durbin EB, Johnson TR, Gal TS, Cernile G, Automated Coding of Key Cancer Concepts from Text-based Electronic Pathology Reports [Abstract][Selected Student Oral Presentation]. University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center Research Day, Lexington, KY. May 2012.
- Durbin EB, Johnson TR, Gal TS, Cernile G, Automated Coding of Key Cancer Concepts from Text Based Electronic Pathology Reports [Abstract]. University of Kentucky College of Public Health Research Day, Lexington, KY. April 2012.
- Hands I. Automatic extraction of ICD-O-3 topography codes from pathology reports [master's thesis]. Lexington (KY): University of Kentucky, Lexington; 2012. 27 p.
- Rust DW. Strategies for increasing geocoding accuracy. Oral presentation at: Geocoding methods session. 2012 Annual NAACCR Conference; 2012 June 5; Portland, OR.48.
- Chen L, Hodskins J, Chokshi S, Croley J, Stevens M, Pasley G, Huller K, Reynolds J, Weiss H, Massarweh S. A predictive model of early systemic disease relapse after standard adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Poster presentation 2011 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- Chen L, Yalamanchi S, Waynick C, Romond E, Stevens M, Pasley G, Huller K, Weiss H, Massarweh S. Characteristics of de novo stage IV breast cancer presentation and comparison with stage IV disease relapse after adjuvant therapy. Poster presentation 2011 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- Durbin EB. Utilizing a State Health Information Exchange for Physician Reporting to a Population Based Central Cancer Registry [Abstract]. AMIA Public Health Informatics 2011. May 2011.
- Hands I, Stewart J. A Web-Based Software Application for Casefinding from ePath Reports. Cancer Surveillance: Keeping Pace with Science and Technology. Presentation at: 2011 Annual Conference of the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2011 June 21-23; Louisville, KY
- Rust DW. Monitoring Electronic Report Flow. Capturing information from electronic reporting sources session. Oral presentation at: 2011 Annual NAACCR Conference; 2011 June 21; Louisville, KY.
- Rust DW. Monitoring Electronic Report Flow [master's project presentation]. Lexington (KY): University of Kentucky. 2011.
- Hands I. Integrated Electronic Case-Finding. Renewed Collaboration: A Modern Paradigm for Cancer Surveillance. Poster session presented at: 2010 Annual Conference of the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2010 June 19-25; Quebec City, Quebec
- Stroup AM, Durbin EB, Harrell, CJ, et al. Geographic Patterns in Lung Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Utah: 1997-2006, Utah's Health: An Annual Review. 2010.
- Durbin EB, Harrison JN. The New World of Standardized Electronic Pathology (E-Path) Reporting. Oral presentation at: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, June, 2009
- Huller K, Corum W, Stevens M, Pasley G, Repass C. Negotiating physician / administrator issues to build a patient treatment/therapy and outcomes registry at a cancer center. Poster presentation At: Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2009, Boston, MA.
- Durbin EB. Standardized Electronic Pathology (E-Path) Reporting Using NAACCR Volume V. Oral presentation at: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, June, 2008.
- Durbin EB, Huang B, Stewart J. Improving the Completeness and Accuracy of Address at Diagnosis with Real-Time Geocoding. Oral presentation at: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, June, 2008.
- Gal TS, Chen Z and Gangopadhyay A. A Privacy Protection Model for Patient Data with Multiple Sensitive Attributes. International Journal of Information Security and Privacy 2:28, 2008
- Durbin, EB. Computer Resources. In Menck, HR, Deapen, D, Phillips, JL, Tucker, TC (Eds.) Central Cancer Registries Design, Management and Use. 2007.
- Sharber, W, Gerlach, K, Durbin, EB. Electronic Reporting. In Menck, HR, Deapen, D, Phillips, JL, Tucker, TC (Eds.) Central Cancer Registries Design, Management and Use. 2007.