Voice box cancer requires specialized and complex treatment from experts trained in the latest techniques, including precision laser surgery.
At the UK Markey Cancer Center, our head and neck cancer specialists will work with you to find the right treatment, including therapies that preserve your voice box and ability to speak.
Voice Box Cancer Expertise
You’ll have an entire team of head and neck cancer experts who will work together to develop the best treatment plan for you. Our team includes:
- Radiation oncologists and medical oncologists who focus solely on head and neck cancer
- Specialized pathologists who only review head and neck cancer tests
Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. For the last five years, Markey Cancer Center has been nationally recognized as a top 50 cancer center by U.S. News and World Report.
We use specialized equipment to examine the throat and voice box. This lets us see early signs of tumors. With special imaging capabilities and video recordings, we can follow patients and compare test results from one visit to the next.
Voice Box Cancer Symptoms
Voice box cancer is one of the most common types of throat cancer. It is also called laryngeal cancer because it is a cancer of the larynx, or voice box.
Symptoms of voice box cancer may include:
- Hoarseness or voice changes
- Sore throat or cough that won’t go away
- Coughing or spitting up blood
- Pain when swallowing
- Ear pain
- A lump in the neck
Make an appointment
Request an appointment online or call 859-257-4488 or 866-340-4488 (toll free).
Learn more about the Head & Neck cancer team with the provider profiles below.
- Rony K. Aouad, MD
- Thomas J. Gal, MD, MPH, FACS
- Alexandra E. Kejner, MD, FACS
- Joseph Valentino, MD, FACS
- Melvyn S. Yeoh, MD, DMD, FACS
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility (Pavilion CC) of the Markey Cancer Center. Get directions to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
Clinical trials are research studies that help doctors find better ways to treat and prevent cancer.
At Markey, our trials are carefully researched and overseen by a panel of physicians. Many of our clinical trials are standard cancer treatments with small changes we think will make a positive difference.
Find a Clinical Trial for Voice Box Cancer
Our clinical trials database lists current head and neck cancer trials at Markey.