Salivary Gland Tumor Survivorship
You’ll have your own survivorship care plan after you complete your treatment. We will follow you closely to monitor for side effects and signs of new or recurring cancer.
Your survivorship care plan may include:
- Followup care, with regularly scheduled appointments and exams
- Suggestions for diet and physical activity to keep you in good overall health
- Imaging tests to check for signs of cancer
- Monitoring side effects of treatment, some of which may not show up until years later
People who’ve had salivary gland cancer are at increased risk for other cancers. We’ll watch for signs of these cancers and give you signs to look for. Some cancers you may be at risk for include:
- A new salivary gland cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Lung cancer
- Thyroid cancer
For more information on the diagnosis, treatment and more of salivary gland tumors, visit our information pages below.