Questions to ask your doctor about salivary gland tumors
Your healthcare team will discuss treatment options with you. You may want to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointments. Consider asking the following questions
- Where is my tumor located?
- Is my tumor cancerous?
- If it is cancer, has the cancer spread beyond where it started?
- What’s the cancer’s stage, and what does that mean?
- What type of treatment do you recommend and why?
- Should I see a speech-language pathologist?
- What are the possible side effects of my treatment?
- If I need surgery, where will the incision be located and how much tissue will be removed?
- Will I need radiation or chemotherapy?
- What type of follow-up care will I need?
- When can I go back to my normal activities?
- Should I consider taking part in a clinical trial?
For more information on the diagnosis, treatment and more of salivary gland tumors, visit our information pages below.