Not all salivary gland tumors are cancerous. Many are benign, or noncancerous, but they still require treatment. At the Markey Cancer Center, you’ll receive treatment from experts in head and neck care.
Our team approach
While salivary gland tumors are very rare, our doctors are among the most experienced in the region at treating it. We’ll listen to you and help you choose a personalized treatment plan that fits your needs.
Our holistic approach to patient care includes:
- Ear, nose and throat doctors (otolaryngologists)
- Medical and radiation oncologists who specialize in head and neck cancer treatment
- Speech pathologists and physical therapists who are experts in rehabilitation
- Counselors and social workers
Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. For the last five years, Markey Cancer Center has been nationally recognized as a top 50 cancer center by U.S. News and World Report.
Our head and neck surgeons are experts at complex, highly technical surgical techniques to remove salivary gland tumors. We use advanced monitoring to protect facial nerves during surgery.
Parotid tumors are the most common type of salivary gland tumor. Symptoms of a salivary gland tumor may include:
- A lump near the jaw, ear, cheek or mouth
- Numbness or weakness in the face
- Facial pain
- Trouble swallowing
Make an appointment
Request an appointment online or call 859-257-4488 or 866-340-4488 (toll free).
Learn more about the Head & Neck cancer team with the provider profiles below.
- Rony K. Aouad, MD
- Thomas J. Gal, MD, MPH, FACS
- Alexandra E. Kejner, MD, FACS
- Joseph Valentino, MD, FACS
- Melvyn S. Yeoh, MD, DMD, FACS
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility (Pavilion CC) of the Markey Cancer Center. Get directions to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
Clinical trials offer patients the chance to try the newest advances in treatments before they’re available everywhere. Every trial at Markey is closely researched and goes through years of study before it ever reaches our patients.
Find Salivary Gland Tumor Clinical Trials
For a list of current head and neck cancer clinical trials, check our database.