Questions to ask your doctor about neck masses
Your healthcare team will discuss treatment options with you. You may want to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointments. Consider asking the following questions:
- What is causing my neck mass?
- Do I have cancer?
- If I have cancer, has it spread beyond where it started?
- What type of treatment do you recommend and why?
- What are the possible side effects of my treatment?
- If I need surgery, where will the incision be located and how much tissue will be removed?
- Will I need radiation or chemotherapy?
- What type of follow-up care will I need?
- When can I go back to my normal activities?
- Should I consider taking part in a clinical trial?
For more information on the diagnosis, treatment and more of neck masses, visit our information pages below.