Questions to ask your doctor about nasal and sinus cancer
Your healthcare team will discuss the treatment options that are best for you. You may want to bring a family member or close friend with you to your appointments. Consider asking the following questions:
- Where is my cancer located?
- Has the cancer spread beyond where it started?
- What’s the cancer’s stage, and what does that mean?
- What type of treatment do you recommend and why?
- How will my treatment affect my ability to smell, swallow or speak?
- What are the possible side effects of my treatment?
- If I need surgery, where will the incision be located and how much tissue will be removed?
- Will I need radiation or chemotherapy?
- What type of follow-up care will I need?
- When can I go back to my normal activities?
- Should I consider taking part in a clinical trial?
For more information on the diagnosis, treatment and more of nasal and sinus cancer, visit our nasal and sinus cancer information pages below.