Cervical cancer questions to ask your doctor
Your healthcare team will talk with you the surgery options that are best for you. You may want to bring a family member or close friend with you to appointments. Consider asking each of the following questions:
- Where is the cancer located?
- Has the cancer spread beyond where it started?
- What’s the cancer’s stage, and what does that mean?
- What type of treatment do you recommend and why?
- What type of side-effects come along with this treatment?
- Should I consider taking part in a clinical trial?
- If I need surgery, where will the incision be?
- If I need surgery, how much tissue will be removed?
- Will I need treatment after surgery, like radiation or chemotherapy?
- What type of follow-up care will I need?
- When can I go back to my normal activities?
For more information on diagnosis, treatment and more of cervical cancer, visit our cervical cancer information pages below.