A second opinion can help to ensure that you will be getting the latest and most effective therapy for treating breast cancer. The following are common reasons for seeking a second opinion after your initial diagnosis:
- You are having difficulty understanding your diagnosis.
- Your doctor believes there is uncertainty around the stage of breast cancer.
- Your doctor gives you different treatment options to consider.
- Your health insurance requires a second opinion before continuing toward treatment.
Markey's Comprehensive Breast Care Center offers second opinions on breast cancer diagnosis, and you can call 859-323-2222 to request a second opinion.
After receiving a cancer diagnosis, you may have a lot on your mind. Here a few questions to keep in mind for your doctor when arriving for your second opinion:
- Is there a chance that my medical problem could have a different diagnosis?
- Are there additional tests I should take before moving forward with treatment?
- Do you recommend any treatments at this time?
- What do expect to happen if I wait or don't have the treatment?
- What are the side effects of treatment?
- How long are treatment recovery periods?