There’s no better time to put an end to your tobacco use, and UK Markey Cancer Center is here to help you quit once and for all. We have several providers who can assist with tobacco cessation, including social workers, nurse practitioners and advance practice providers. Each is specially trained to assess your unique needs, provide individualized counseling and recommend effective quit strategies that can be incorporated into your cancer care.
Markey’s specially trained tobacco treatment specialists provide:
- One-on-one cessation counseling.
- Regular followup to assess progress.
- Evidencebased treatment for tobacco addiction.
- Information on potential drug interactions should medication be prescribed for tobacco cessation.
- A link to resources both local and national.
- A collaborative approach to care, working with your care provider on quit strategies that meet your unique needs.
Patients are welcome to visit our office on the third floor of the Combs Building any time during regular business hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to speak with a member of our oncology social work team. We will address your immediate concerns and evaluate your needs to determine how we might serve you best.