- Voice and Swallowing Disorders
Dr. Vrushali Angandi earned her doctoral degree in rehabilitation sciences from the University of Kentucky, under the mentorship of Dr. Joseph Stemple. She received her bachelor's and master's degree in speech-language pathology and audiology from the University of Mumbai, India. She completed a research fellowship at the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, India with a focus on alaryngeal voice and speech rehabilitation.
Angandi's duties mainly include management of voice, swallowing and upper airway disorders in the UK Voice & Swallow Clinic.
Faculty RankAssistant Professor of Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders
University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Certifications and Special Training
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
Clinical Speech Pathologist
- A Multidimensional Study of Vocal Function Following Radiation Therapy for Laryngeal Cancers. Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology 126.6 (2017): 483-492. Angadi, V., Dressler, D., Stemple, J.
- Contribution of Glottic Insufficiency to Perceived Breathiness in Classically Trained Singers. Medical Problems of Performing Artists, 31(3), 179. Graham, E., Angadi, V., Sloggy, J., & Stemple, J. (2016).
Enhancement of aging rat laryngeal muscles with endogenous growth factor treatment.
Physiol Rep, 4 (10), 2016, e12798, doi: 10.14814/phy2.12798. J. C. Stemple, R. D. Andreatta, T. S. Seward, V. Angadi, M. Dietrich, C. A. McMullen.
- An interdisciplinary approach to the management of a patient with base of tongue carcinoma. Book chapter in a book titled “Cases in head and neck cancers.” Angadi, V., Gal, TJ., Stemple, J.
- New Frontiers and Emerging Technologies in Comprehensive Voice Care. Perspectives on Voice and Voice Disorders, 22(2), 72-79. Angadi, V., Stemple, J. (2012).