Richard Windhorn graduated from Wabash College with a degree in biology, then immediately began his dental education at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. After earning his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree, he entered private practice for 3 years before being commissioned in the US Army where he completed his Prosthodontic residency. Upon his retirement from the Army, he has returned to UKCD to help institute new technologies and advance the college into the future.
I believe our mission as dental professionals is to improve the oral health and dental awareness of our citizens. We also have an obligation to those citizens to ensure the students we train become the best educated and most highly skilled dentists possible. Take care of each other, our most valuable commodity is our people. Follow the Golden Rule and you will never go wrong. Treat everyone with dignity, courtesy, and respect. Have fun! We need to enjoy what we do – otherwise it becomes a daunting task to show up for work every day. I enjoy gardening and long walks to relax and reduce stress.
Faculty RankAssistant Professor of Dentistry
University of Kentucky, College of Dentistry, Lexington
Prosthodontics, U.S. Army, Fort Gordon, Ga.
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Prosthodontics
- Is the US Army Dental Corps ready for the digital impression? Craddock MR, Windhorn RJ. US Army Med Dep J. 2011 Jan-Mar:38-41. No abstract available
- An implant versus a conventional fixed prosthesis: a case report. Windhorn RJ, Cuenin MF. Gen Dent. 2007 Jan-Feb;55(1):44-7.
- A simple open-tray implant impression technique. Windhorn RJ, Gunnell TR. J Prosthet Dent. 2006 Sep;96(3):220-1. No abstract available.
- Fabrication and use of a simple implant placement guide. Windhorn RJ. J Prosthet Dent. 2004 Aug;92(2):196-9.
- A simple technique for exposing margins on a solid working cast. Windhorn RJ. J Prosthet Dent. 1998 Aug;80(2):246-8.
UK HealthCare - Turfland2195 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers