Dr. Majd Makhoul is a pediatric cardiologist at the Kentucky Children’s Hospital Congenital Heart Clinic and an assistant professor of pediatrics in the UK College of Medicine.
Dr. Makhoul’s interests include congenital cardiac imaging with transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal echocardiogram. He is a member of the Kentucky chapter of the American College of Cardiology scientific committee, has been an invited speaker in regional and national events and has published several articles in peer reviewed journals. He also enjoys mentoring students and residents during their training.
In his spare time, Dr. Makhoul enjoys spending time with his two daughters, reading, listening to music and playing table tennis.
Faculty RankAssistant Professor of Pediatrics
Al-Baath University, Homs, Syria
American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
Pediatric Cardiology, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Pediatrics
- Successful transcatheter cryoablation in infants with drug-resistant supraventricular tachycardia: a case series.
Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dec; 29(3):209-15. Makhoul M, Von Bergen NH, Rabi F, Gingerich J, Evans WN, Law IH.
- Clinical Spectrum of a Family with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Sudden Death in Childhood due to a TPM1 Mutation.
Pediatric Cardiology, 2011 Feb; 32(2):215-20. Makhoul M, Ackerman MJ, Atkins DL, Law IH.
- Junctional Ectopic Tachycardia after Congenital Heart Surgery in the Current Surgical Era.
Pediatric Cardiology. 2012 Sep 18. Makhoul M, Oster M, Fischbach P, Das S, Deshpande S.
- Implanted defibrillators in young hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients: a multicenter study.
Pediatric Cardiology, 2013 Oct; 34(7):1620-7. Anna N. Kamp, Nicholas H. Von Bergen, Charles A. Henrikson, Majd Makhoul, et al.
- Relationship between perfusion index and patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants.
Pediatric Research, 2017 April 5. Gomez-Pomar E, Makhoul M, Westgate PM, Ibonia KT, Patwardhan A, Giannone PJ, Bada HS, Abu Jawdeh EG.
- Successful transcatheter cryoablation in infants with drug-resistant supraventricular tachycardia: a case series. Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dec; 29(3):209-15. Makhoul M, Von Bergen NH, Rabi F, Gingerich J, Evans WN, Law IH.
April 12, 2019Aug. 4, 2017