John Roger Bell, MD is an assistant professor of urology at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. He is a native of New Orleans. He completed his undergraduate and medical school training at Tulane University. He then completed his residency in urology at the combined program of Louisiana State University and Ochsner Clinic Foundation in 2015. He subsequently completed a fellowship in endourology at the University of Wisconsin in 2017. He joined the Department of Urology at the University of Kentucky in 2017, where he focuses on the medical and surgical management of complex urinary stone disease, as well as advanced techniques in laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery.
Faculty RankAssistant Professor of Urology
Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans
Urology, Oschner Foundation Hospital and Louisiana State University, New Orleans
Endourology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Had never been to UK and was very pleased with the how effecient and caring all personell and doctors were.
everything went good
Everyone was attentive and professional!
*Dr. Bell is the most attentive, knowledgeable and caring doctor that I've seen! Just a good guy!
Very pleased with my visit! EXCELLENT STAFF. The lady at registration was super nice, friendly, and very helpful. The nurse that checked my vitals was very nice, friendly, and professional. Dr. Bell was very friendly, nice, and professional as well. Has excellent bedside manners. Went over my kidney problems with me, helped me to understand what was going on with them. and helped me weigh out my options for surgery or not. Also the risk if no surgery took place. He's very understanding and I believe he really care for the patient's. Overall visit is a 10. Thanks for everythingAre you happy with the care you received from this provider?
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Johnson BA, Bell JR, Dalvie P, McDermott JC, Nakada SY. Expanding Endourologic Urolithiasis Techniques to Biliary Stones: Percutaneous Transhepatic Lithotripsy. Journal of Endourology, Part B: Videourology 2017
- Bell JR, Laborde E: Update on the Sexual Impact of Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Curr Urol Rep. 2012; 13: 433-440
- Bell JR, Warrier R, Ortenberg J. Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumor in a Newborn with an Undescended Testicle. Diag in Ped Urol April 2013;34(3):4
- Bell JR, Laborde E: Medical Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms: A Critical Review Focusing on Men’s Sexual Health. AUA Update Series. 2014:Volume 33, lesson 27.
- Bell JR, Nakada SY. Medical Expulsive Therapy is Useful for Urinary Calculi: Sometimes (Opposing Views). J Urol 2016; 195: 555-556
- Bell JR, McKenna PH, Nakada SY. Diagnosis and management of angiomyolipoma. AUA Update Series 2016; Vol. 35, Lesson 23, 237-45.
- Bell JR, Penniston KL, Best SL, Nakada SY. A Contemporary Survey of Patient Preferences Regarding Medical Expulsive Therapy. Can J Urol 2017 Jun;24(3):8827-8831
- Bell JR, Penniston KL, Nakada SY. In Vitro Comparison of Holmium Lasers: Evidence for Shorter Fragmentation Time and Decreased Retropulsion Using a Modern Variable Pulse Laser. Urology. 2017 Jun 21. pii: S0090-4295(17)30638-6. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.06.018. [Epub ahead of print]
- Johnson BA, Bell JR, Dalvie P, McDermott J, Nakada SY. Expanding Endourologic Urolithiasis Techniques to Biliary Stones: Percutaneous Transhepatic Lithotripsy. June 2017. https://doi.org/10.1089/vid.2017.0026 [Epub ahead of print]
- Bell JR, Penniston KL, Nakada SY. In Vitro Comparison of Stone Fragmentation When Using Various Settings with Modern Variable Pulse Holmium Lasers. J Endo. July 2017 https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2017.0351 [Epub ahead of print]
- Bell JR, Penniston KL, Best SL, Nakada SY. Prospective Evaluation of Flexible Ureteroscopes with a Novel Evaluation Tool. Canadian Journal of Urology 2017 (In Press)
- Bell JR, Nakada SY. Intrathoracic Complications of Percutaneous Renal Surgery - Ch 35. Smith’s Textbook of Endourology, 4th edition Ch 35. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd – accepted for publication
- Bell JR, Nakada SY – The History of Hand-Assisted Laparoscopy - Ch 19. The History Of Technologic Advancements In Urology. Springer International Publishing - accepted for publication