During my advanced medical training, I developed a specific interest in the area of chronic kidney disease-bone and mineral disorders (CKD-MBD) and was able to publish as a junior investigator in this area while still in Egypt. UK HealthCare’s strong reputation in CKD-MBD is what brought me to UK, where I have continued to conduct and publish research. My research was also presented at the Annual Meetings of the American Society of Nephrology.
Currently I am working on a study to identify bone disease and associated cardiovascular calcifications in kidney transplant patients, which I believe will save lives by finding ways to prevent these problems and diagnose them earlier. I am also mentoring medical students, residents, fellows and junior investigators in their research efforts.
Faculty RankProfessor of Medicine
Mansoura University, Egypt
Texas Tech University, Permian Basin
Nephrology, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Nephrology
- Bone biopsy
- Kidney biopsy
- Dialysis catheterization
- Best Doctors in America, 2015-2016, Best Doctors Inc.
- University of Kentucky Center of Clinical and Translational science (CCTS) Grant, 2014
- Award from the ACP Texas Region Annual Associates Meeting, April, 2010, Amarillo, Texas
- Grant from the American Collage of Physician (ACP) Annual meeting, November, 2009, San Antonio, Texas
- Grant from the 42nd Annual Renal Week Meeting (American Society of Nephrology), October, 2009, San Diego
- Grant from the 41st Annual Renal Week Meeting (American Society of Nephrology), November, 2008, Philadelphia
- Grant from the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Spring Clinical Meetings, April, 2008, Dallas, Texas,
- Abdelhamid Shoman prize in the medical field, 2007, Aman, Jordon
- The Egyptian Society of Nephrology Annual Prize, January, 2006, Cairo, Egypt
- Award from The Arab Society of Nephrology & Renal Transplantation (ASNRT) for 4 months fellowship training in Canada
- Award from the International Society of Nephrology for 12 months fellowship training, 2005
- Award from European Union of Medical Specialists (EUMS)
- Award from European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Grant from European Renal Association-European Dialysis Transplant Association Congress, June, 2005, Istanbul, Turkey
- Young investigator award, April 2005 Ninth Annual Meeting of Egyptian Hypertension Society and World Hypertension League Regional Meeting, Cairo, Egypt
- The Egyptian Society of Nephrology Annual Prize, December 2004, Cairo, Egypt
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association grant for a 3 months fellowship in Canada
- Sign of Excellency (one of the best 25% submitted abstracts from allover the world), June, 2003, World Congress of Nephrology. Berlin - Germany
- Travel Award for the 2nd Congress of the International Pediatric Transplant Association, April, 2003, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The prize of the workshop on clinical nephrology and progression of renal disease, 2001, Suez Canal University & Sheffield kidney Institute (UK)
- The best doctor in Al-Dakahlia, 2000, Egyptian Medical Syndicate
Nephrology, Bone & Mineral Metabolism
UK Good Samaritan Professional Arts Center135 E. Maxwell St.
Fourth Floor, Suite 401
Lexington, KY 40508
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion H800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers