Aman Chauhan, MBBS, earned his medical degree from the Kasturba Medical College in Manipal, Karnataka, India. He completed a dual residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at Louisiana State University in New Orleans. Dr. Chauhan completed a fellowship in hematology and oncology at UK with neuroendocrine tumor (NETs) training led by Lowell Anthony, MD. Additionally, Dr. Chauhan completed a Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP) physician externship at the National Cancer institute (NCI) that focused on designing clinical trials and clinical research projects.
His clinical interests include treating NETs, including carcinoid tumors, high-grade neuroendocrine carcinomas, and small and non-small cell lung cancer. As Markey’s director of NET Theranostics, Dr. Chauhan will identify NET patients who qualify for Lutathera® (Lutetium 177 DOTATATE) treatments for gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEPNETs).
Dr. Chauhan is board certified in internal medicine and specializes in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors. He is a member of the medical oncology team at the UK Markey Cancer Center dedicated to multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment.
He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology as well as the American Association of Cancer Research and the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society.
Faculty RankAssistant Professor of Medicine
Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka, India
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Louisiana State University, Health Sciences Center, New Orleans
Hematology and Oncology, University of Kentucky
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Medical Oncology
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Can a High-grade Neuroendocrine Carcinoma be Functional? Graham C, Chauhan A, Anthony L. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences. 2019; 357(3):258-262.
- Integrating a 92-Gene Expression Analysis for the Management of Neuroendocrine Tumors of Unknown Primary Chauhan A, Farooqui Z, Silva SR, Murray A, Hodges KB, Yu Q, Myint ZW, Raajesekar AK, Weiss H, Arnold S, Evers BM, Anthony L. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention : APJCP. 2019; 20(1):113-116.
- Management of Diffuse Idiopathic Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Cell Hyperplasia: Review and a Single Center Experience. Myint ZW, McCormick J, Chauhan A, Behrens E, Anthony LB. Lung. 2018; 196(5):577-581.
- Capecitabine and Temozolomide in Neuroendocrine Tumor of Unknown Primary. Chauhan A, Farooqui Z, Murray LA, Weiss HL, War Myint Z, Raajasekar AKA, Evers BM, Arnold S, Anthony L. Journal of Oncology. 2018; 2018:3519247.
- Global burden of neuroendocrine tumors and changing incidence in Kentucky. Chauhan A, Yu Q, Ray N, Farooqui Z, Huang B, Durbin EB, Tucker T, Evers M, Arnold S, Anthony LB. Oncotarget. 2018; 9(27):19245-19254.
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson BuildingFax 859-257-3757800 Rose St.
First Floor, Room 134
Lexington, KY 40536
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers
Jan. 18, 2019Aug. 17, 2018March 17, 2017