Nursing Staff Development
Our mission is to provide nursing staff with quality educational programming and resources through creative leadership and quality initiatives.
Our educational programming includes full orientation programs for new Registered Nurses (RN), Nursing Care Technicians (NCT) and Patient Clerical Assistants (PCA) as well as ongoing education and training for employees:
- Critical Care and Progressive Care Orientation Program including the nationally acclaimed self-paced learning module developed by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, ECCO: Essentials of Critical Care Orientation.
- Acute Care area-specific content including disease process and use of patient population-specific equipment and nursing techniques.
- American Heart Association-sponsored certifications including: ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC and EPNC
- Kentucky Board of Nursing-approved Continuing Education Courses designed to meet the learning needs of staff.
- Nurse Residency Program for new graduates of baccalaureate nursing programs, focusing on the transition to professional practice. New BSN graduates receive support from nurses, professional career development assistance, leadership and role-transition assistance through workshops and group interaction.
- Preceptor Development and Training Program is a continuing education for the experienced nurse who is serving in the role of preceptor to new staff.
Nursing Staff Development is committed to providing excellence in patient care by providing educational support to the nurses at the bedside. The staff serves in the following roles:
- Staff Development Specialist - The educational expert in the development, implementation and evaluation of central and unit specific educational programs.
- Staff Development Instructor - Serves as the educational clinical resource to nurses at the bedside to develop clinical competencies and problem solving skills.