Nursing Care Tech Scholarship Introduction Letter
Thank you for your interest in the Nursing Care Tech Scholarship Program offered by UK HealthCare. We are pleased to offer this program to support you in obtaining a State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) Certification.
To apply for this program, a completed application packet must be submitted to the UK HealthCare Nurse Recruitment office no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, January 15, 2021, for consideration.
- A scholarship award for selected SRNA training program students will include the cost of the program and required state test.
- Acceptance of this award will require those recipients to sign a contract of agreement to work at UK HealthCare in a NCT role for a period of one year after successful completion of the program.
- Recipients are expected to successfully complete the SRNA training within 8 weeks of the start of the program and successfully pass state testing within 10 weeks.
- After successful completion of the program and SRNA certification, recipients are required to secure employment within 60 days at UK HealthCare in a Nursing Care Technician role at a 0.75 FTE or higher.
- Commitment of time to work at UK HealthCare in a NCT role is 1 year of productive time.
- Productive time begins once orientation has been completed.
- Persons who fail to pass the state test the first time must retake the test on the first available authorized date.
- Failure to successfully pass the SRNA certification exam within 10 weeks from completion of the program or after 2 attempts will result in termination from the program.
- Scholarship recipients that are terminated form the UK HealthCare NCT scholarship program are required to repay the scholarship funds to be considered in good standing and may reapply for Nursing Care Technician employment once they successfully attain SRNA certification.
The completed application packet must include:
Place the above documents in a folder and mail or deliver in person to:
Nurse Recruitment, H161
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital
800 Rose Street
Lexington KY 40536-0293
Because of the high demand for this program, it is imperative that your application packet be entirely complete and received in the Nurse Recruitment office by the deadline. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted by phone or email with the date and time of your scheduled interview.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please call the nurse recruitment office at 859-323-5851 or toll free at 800-233-5851.
Jennifer Barnes, BSN, RN
Sue H. Strup, MSEd, MSN
Senior Career Consultant