Booster shots are now encouraged for all adults in the United States who previously received two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, while others may prefer to get a different booster. The CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
Anyone who wishes to receive a booster should register for an appointment using the green REQUEST A VACCINATION button. You must bring your CDC vaccination card or proof of vaccination to the appointment. (Lost your card? Request a copy.) Note that replacement cards cannot be issued at the booster appointment.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is currently available for anyone age 5 and over. Vaccination is being offered by UK HealthCare free, and insurance is not required. Note that minors must be accompanied to the appointment by a parent or legal guardian.
All vaccination appointments, including booster appointments for those who are eligible, should be requested using the button below.
After you click the “Request a vaccination” button below, you will be taken to a page where you can select “UK students or campus employees,” "Chidren age 5-17" or “UK HealthCare employees and All others.” Because of the vaccination reporting requirements for UK students and campus employees, appointments for this group are scheduled at the Gatton Student Center using a different system that will allows for easy retrieval of records. Please select this button if you need to report your records to campus.
Once you make your selection, you will be taken to the appropriate vaccine request form. Only the software system and the location for the shots is different for students and campus employees.
After you complete the vaccination request form, you will receive an email inviting you to make an appointment at either Gatton Student Center or the UK HealthCare Pharmacy Services vaccination location of your choice. (Please note that all vaccinations for children are being given at 245 Fountain Court, off Man O'War Boulevard in South Lexington.) Once you receive the invitation, please respond as quickly as possible.
By completing the vaccine request form, you will be added to the database of those requesting to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at locations operated by UK HealthCare Pharmacy Services. After completing the form, you will receive an email inviting you to make an appointment at the location of your choice. Depending on demand and appointment availability, it may take several days for you to receive this invitation. Once you receive the invitation, please respond as quickly as possible.
- You will get an access code that allows you to schedule your appointment. This code is FOR YOUR USE ONLY. Do not share your access code with others. Instead, we encourage you to share ukvaccine.org with anyone interested in receiving vaccination. At this time, there is plenty of vaccine available for anyone who registers for an appointment.
Please note the following:
- The FDA has officially approved the Pfizer vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in people 16 and older. People ages 5-15 may receive the vaccine under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). However, anyone younger than 18 who receives a vaccination appointment must come to the appointment with a parent or legal guardian.
- The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson (Jansen) vaccines have been approved for use by the FDA under EUAs.
- Both the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines require two doses – an initial shot that will be followed by a second shot weeks later. UK HealthCare is prepared to provide individuals with both doses, as well as a third-shot booster when sufficient time has elapsed. Read more about the vaccines.
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine requires one dose only, although a booster is encouraged.
- UK HealthCare does not charge for COVID vaccination. No proof of insurance is required.
- Those who cannot access our online tools, or need assistance filling out this form, may call 859-218-6221 for assistance. If you are a UK student or employee and need assistance with an appointment at the Gatton Student Center, please call UK Health Corps at 859-218-SAFE (7233).
- If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines, please visit our FAQs.
- If you have a health condition and have questions about whether vaccination is recommended for you, please talk to your health care provider.
After you request a vaccination:
- The invitation will be sent to the email address you provide on this form.
- Look for an email from UK HEALTHCARE VACCINATIONS.
- Once you receive the invitation, please respond as quickly as possible. You will get an access code that allows you to schedule your appointment. This code is FOR YOUR USE ONLY. Anyone using an access code who has obtained it improperly will have their appointment canceled or will be turned away at the vaccination clinic.
- Your information will be reported to the state for the Kentucky Immunization Registry but will not be used for any other purposes.
UK HealthCare now offers vaccinations at:
Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday; Pfizer only.
- 740 S. Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy is located just inside the main entrance of the Kentucky Clinic Building, near the information desk. Short-term parking spaces reserved for pharmacy customers are available on the front loop of the building. You may also park in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Garage on Huguelet Avenue. (There is a charge for parking.) From the garage, enter the building through the double doors, turn right and walk down the long hallway. Take the elevator on the left at the end of the hall to the first floor if necessary. As you exit the elevator, the pharmacy will be directly to your left.
Turfland Retail Pharmacy – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Monday-Friday; Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna
- 2195 Harrodsburg Road, Lexington, KY 40504
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: Turfland Retail Pharmacy is located inside the UK HealthCare outpatient services center at Turfland, 2195 Harrodsburg Road. Free surface parking is available. Park anywhere and enter via the Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center entrance. Walk straight until you reach the pharmacy. Please note that curbside service is not available at this time.
University Health Pharmacy – Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson (every day), and Moderna (Fridays only)
- 830 South Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: For University Health Pharmacy, park in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Garage on Huguelet Avenue. (Note that there will be a fee for parking.) As you enter the Kentucky Clinic building from the garage, go through the large double doors immediately in front of you and, if necessary, take the elevator to the first floor. Exit the elevator to the left and proceed down the long hallway toward the Starbucks. Just past the Starbucks, there will be a vestibule with vending machines to the right. Exit the building there, and cross directly into the University Health Service Building. Vaccinations will be given on the first floor, in the open area just past the staircase.
Fountain Court, first floor –
ADULT Clinic (ONLY 12 years old and older)- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Pfizer and Moderna
PEDIATRIC Clinic (ONLY 5-17 year olds)- Monday-Friday, 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Pfizer only
- 245 Fountain Court, Lexington, KY 40509
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: Fountain Court is located near the intersection of Richmond Rd and Man O War Blvd. Please enter through Blazer Pkwy off Man O War Blvd, and take a left onto Fountain Ct to enter the UK HealthCare Building Complex. Free surface parking is available. The vaccination clinic will be located on the first floor, please follow the signs to direct you to the correct room.
Blue Box Theater, Gatton Student Center, University of Kentucky – Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna
- 160 Avenue of Champions, Lexington, KY 40508
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: Paid public parking is available at the front of the student center. Access the parking lot via Avenue of Champions. Enter the building and walk straight ahead. When you reach the large open staircase, the Blue Box Theater will be on your right.
If you are an adult (age 18 and over) and would like to receive your seasonal flu shot at the same time as your COVID-19 vaccination, please just let us know when you arrive for your appointment. The CDC has said it is safe and effective to receive both shots at the same appointment.
Flu shots are not available for children age 5-17 at COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
You must be eligible and sign up for a COVID-19 vaccination to receive your flu shot. Please note that a flu shot can be added to a COVID vaccination appointment, but a COVID vaccination cannot be added to a flu shot appointment.
If you would like to receive a flu shot ONLY, you must make a flu shot appointment. SATURDAY HOURS AVAILABLE. For more information on flu shots and other available vaccinations, visit our vaccinations page.