UK HealthCare modifies visitation policy for flu season
January 31, 2019 / in Wellness, News & events / by UK HealthCare
To help protect the health and well-being of patients and healthcare workers during this flu season, UK HealthCare has temporarily amended the inpatient hospital visitation policy. The temporary restriction on visitations goes into effect on Monday, Feb. 4 and includes:
- No visitors under the age of 12 (except in Bone Marrow Transplant, where no visitors under the age of 18).
- No visitors with any symptoms of flu-like illness.
- Only two visitors will be permitted in a patient’s room at one time.
- Visitors may be issued masks or other protective clothing for use when visiting.
- Additional restrictions may be in place in special care units such as women’s and children’s units, critical care and oncology units.
- Compassionate visitation exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
This will continue for an undetermined amount of time as we monitor the presence of influenza in our communities.
We apologize for any disruption this may cause to your family time, but assure you that all of us at UK HealthCare are working to provide the very best care for your loved one in the safest environment possible. Please join with us in our effort to keep your loved one’s risk of exposure to a minimum.
If you have not already received a flu shot, we highly recommend that you and everyone in your household receive one. Please get one at your local pharmacy or primary care physician’s office.
Please remember that thorough and frequent handwashing is the best defense against the spread of disease.
Thank you for your understanding and please let us know if you have any questions.