Bioethics education is an ongoing outreach activity of our program. Presentations, group case consultations, ethics rounds or "ethics at the bedside" are available to all clinical departments. For non-clinical departments at UK, bioethics presentations and seminars are also available. To schedule these activities, please contact the Program Director by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 859-257-9474.
- Clinical Ethics Grand Rounds
- Research Ethics Lecture Series
- Schwartz Rounds™
- Introduction to Clinical Ethics modules (These modules are currently being revised.)
- The Moral Distress Education Project
- Bioethics on Film
Introduction to Clinical Ethics: Clinical ethics pedagogy is a necessary and essential part of medical education for both residents and medical students. Faced with limited resources for teaching clinical ethics, and limited classroom time available for residents and medical students, the UK Program for Bioethics developed this novel multimedia computer-based-learning series designed to meet both ACGME guidelines in Ethics and Professionalism, as well as LCME guidelines in bioethics.
(These modules are currently unavailable while they are undergoing revision. We will announce when they are again available.)
Bioethics on film: For any clinical or non-clinical department, we can offer a screening and panel discussion on any of the films listed here. An email discussion of the issues raised in these films can also be coordinated for small groups who view these after hours at home. These films are also excellent for viewing on your own.
We also maintain and make available a list of links to bioethics societies and bioethics programs at other universities.
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Canadian Bioethics Society
- Center for Biomedical Ethics at Case Western Reserve University
- Center for Biomedical Ethics at Stanford University
- Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College
- Consortium Ethics Program at the University of Pittsburgh
- Hastings Center
- Johns Hopkins University's Bioethics Institute
- Kennedy Institute of Ethics
- MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics
- McGill Biomedical Ethics Unit
- National Bioethics Advisory Commission (U.S.)
- Princeton University Center for Human Values
- Romanell Center for Clinical Ethics and the Philosophy of Medicine
- University of Minnesota Center for Bioethics
- University of Pennsylvania's Center for Bioethics
- University of Toronto Joint Center for Bioethics
- University of Virginia's Center for Biomedical Ethics