This is a clinic of the University of Kentucky Hospital, also known as UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital. Read more
The UK Voice and Swallow Clinic provides diagnostic testing, patient care planning and therapy for a range of disorders across the age spectrum. Our multidisciplinary team includes speech-language pathologists, otolaryngologists, plastic surgeons and other medical professionals with specializations in care related to disorders of voice, resonance, breathing, swallowing and head and neck cancer. The clinic is the largest and most comprehensive of its kind in the state of Kentucky. We are proud to serve the citizens of the Bluegrass and beyond with quality comprehensive clinical care. Read a patient success story >
The UK Voice and Swallow Clinic provides comprehensive and state-of-the-art services for pediatrics through geriatrics.
The conditions treated include:
• Hoarseness or dysphonia.• Vocal fold nodules, cysts or polyps.• Vocal fold paralysis.• Hoarseness after treatment for larynx cancer.• Therapy to reduce the impact of spasmodic dysphonia.• Muscle tension dysphonia.• Shortness of breath/paradoxical vocal fold motion/vocal cord dysfunction.• Resonance disorders (issues with nasality).• Chronic cough and/or chronic throat clearing.• Speech changes from neurogenic disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis or cystic fibrosis using Lee Silverman Voice Treatment.• Alaryngeal voice restoration after laryngectomy including TEP speech, electrolarynx use and esophageal speech.• Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).• Voice, swallow and speech changes after treatment for head and neck cancer.• Trismus therapy.
The Voice and Swallow Clinic is equipped with leading-edge technology for the assessment and treatment of voice and airway disorders.
Procedures used include:
• Comprehensive voice and swallow assessment. • High definition laryngeal videostroboscopy.• High-speed digital laryngeal endoscopy. • Distal chip examination of vocal folds and airway. • Acoustic and aerodynamic assessment of laryngeal function.• Nasendoscopy for assessment of velopharyngeal port function. • Nasometry.• Flexible endoscopic examination of swallowing (FEES). • Modified barium swallow study/videofluorographic swallow assessment.• Assessment and fit of tracheoesophageal voice prosthesis.
This is a clinic of the University of Kentucky Hospital, also known as UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital. Read more »
Request an appointment online or call 859-257-0143
Kentucky Clinic | Directions > B301, Third Floor, Wing C 740 S. Limestone Lexington KY 40536-0284
The following links offer more information about audiology, communicative and voice disorders:
Click on the name of a voice specialist to read their profile:
• Vrushali Angadi, M.S., CCC-SLP • Rebecca Hancock, MEd, CCC-SLP • JoAnna Sloggy, MA, CCC-SLP • Joseph C. Stemple, PhD, CCC-SLP, ASHAF, clinical consultant• Debra Suiter, PhD, CCC-SLP • Tammy Wigginton, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
• Sanford M. Archer, MD, FACS, FAAOA
• Abbas A. Younes, MD
• Rony K. Aouad, MD• Thomas J. Gal, MD, MPH, FACS • Richard A. Goldman, MD• Joseph Valentino, MD
1000 S. Limestone
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40536
800-333-8874 (toll free)
connected with UK HealthCare. Become a fan of UK HealthCare's Facebook and stay
up-to-date on community events, programs, treatments, research, new physicians
© University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA | An Equal Opportunity University