Be a flu fighter! Protect yourself. Protect your families. Protect your patients.
Influenza is a serious viral infection that infects up to 20 percent of Americans annually. Do what you can to stop the spread of flu this season!
- The flu causes over 226,000 hospitalizations and about 36,000 deaths each year in the US.
- The flu virus can change each year; annual vaccination is recommended.
- As a healthcare worker, you are at an increased risk for acquiring and transmitting the influenza virus regardless of direct patient care.
- Annual flu viruses (not including pandemics) infect up to 20% of Americans.
- The cost of treating annual flu epidemics, including lost wages and productivity of workers, is billions each year in the US.
- Unvaccinated healthcare workers can be a key cause of influenza outbreaks in healthcare settings.