Chandler Emergency Department:
Level I Trauma Center
1000 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40536
State-of-the-art trauma equipment at the Chandler Emergency Department
Within the Chandler Emergency Department is the region’s only Level I Trauma Center certified by the American College of Surgeons.
The center has eight trauma rooms. It is home to our trauma team and is equipped with state-
The center has eight trauma rooms. It is home to our trauma team and is equipped with state-of-the-art monitoring and life support systems for our most critically ill or injured patients.
Patients arrive by ambulance or may be transported via helicopter to one of the heliports on top of the building. For those arriving by car, short-term parking is available near the Chandler Emergency Department entrances off South Limestone.
provides the highest level of surgical care to trauma patients and has a full range of specialists and equipment available 24/7.
Advanced Technology in Use
The new Emergency Department will have access to advanced imaging and diagnostic technology:
- Digital radiographic (X-ray) and computerized tomography (CT) capabilities are available 24 hours a day.
- Ultrasound services will be performed at bedside or in the ED ultrasound room at varying times.
- Interventional radiology, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine patients will receive radiology services in the following facilities as appropriate:
- the current Chandler Hospital building (Pavilion H)
- the Critical Care Tower (Pavilion HA)
- the Gill Building (Pavilion G)
Learn more from the Level I Trauma Center Fact Sheet (PDF, 164.7 KB)
Learn more about UK HealthCare Trauma Services, our trauma team and injury prevention tips: www.mc.uky.edu/traumaservices >