Pavilion A Surgery/Surgery Waiting
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Pavilion A | Directions »
1000 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536
At UK HealthCare Perioperative Services, you can rest assured you and your family will be well taken care of throughout the perioperative period for any type of surgical procedure.
Our mission is to provide high-quality, patient-centered surgical care to every patient, every day. With state-of-the-art equipment, a comfortable new waiting room and some of the top surgeons in the state, you and your family will be well cared for throughout your surgical experience.
Features of the new surgery area include:
- Region’s first hybrid operating room
Our hybrid operating room is unlike any other in that it combines conventional operating technology with state-of-the-art endovascular imaging. In the event of an emergency, the surgeon can convert from a minimally invasive procedure to open surgery without the delay and possible complications associated with relocating a patient or switching the surgical team.
- Eight new multipurpose ORs
In these operating rooms, patients and staff enter from one side and equipment and supplies enter from the opposite side of the room, helping to maintain a sterile atmosphere and protecting patients from exposure to infections. The multipurpose ORs are equipped with the latest technology.
- Preoperative and post-anesthesia areas
The new preoperative/PACU unit has been designed to be flexible in order to meet the needs of each surgical patient. The area has 42 patient beds and is divided into three sections to be used for pre-op and post-anesthesia care.
- OR support services
Surgical pathology, pharmacy and OR central core support services include lab support, medications and supplies to improve surgical efficiency.
While a loved one’s surgery is taking place, guests can enjoy the surgery waiting area on the first floor of Pavilion A. This space was designed to better serve our patients and families by providing a comfortable and welcoming environment with convenient amenities and services. Features of this space include:
- Large windows that provide lots of natural light.
- Reception and information desks with hospital staff and volunteers available to answer questions and ease concerns.
- Five large rooms where families can meet privately with physicians.
- Children’s activity area.
- Four electronic display monitors to provide timely patient status reports.
- Six phones for communication between surgical staff and family members.
- Pagers, so that family members may leave the waiting room without worry.
- Three flat-panel televisions.
- Convenient access to the atrium, Auxiliary Gift Shop, Courtyard Café, Terrace Café, and the Don and Cathy Jacobs Health Education Center.
- Family lockers.