The UK Runner's Clinic is held at the Multidisciplinary Science Building. This multidisciplinary clinic offers a variety of evaluations and therapy geared toward enhancing speed and efficiency as well as preventing or treating injuries commonly associated with running. Half of all recreational runners sustain a running injury within a training year. Our goal is to provide management of these injuries and to facilitate healthy running.
Our team of professionals provides expert examination and treatment whether you are a highly competitive and experienced runner or just starting out. The team includes physicians, scientists and physical therapists; all involved in the initial evaluation and management of every patient.
We offer appointments during the second and fourth Friday mornings of each month.
For an appointment, call 859-323-5533 or 800-333-8874.
Please contact your insurance company prior to making your appointment to verify your coverage and referral requirements regarding the orthopaedic evaluation and physical therapy benefits.
If you are planning this visit for a computerized running/gait assessment alone, please be aware that this will incur a charge that will not be covered by your insurance.
UK Runner's Clinic
UK Multidisciplinary Science BuildingSuite B011725 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-257-1017
We offer appointments during the 2nd and 4th Friday mornings of each month.
- Brian Noehren, PT, PhD, FACSM
- Paul Kline PT, DPT
- Comprehensive physician evaluation to determine how your injury may be influencing your movement.
- A physical therapy evaluation, recommendations and a treatment plan for strengthening and/or increasing muscle flexibility.
- Video gait analysis using a 3D motion-capture system and a treadmill with built-in force plates to assess your running form with computerized modeling. The results are reviewed and discussed among all team members to come up with the best possible treatment options. If further treatment is needed, follow-up appointments will be scheduled as appropriate. Please note there is a fee not covered by insurance for this analysis.
- Comprehensive one-hour evaluation.
- Recommendations and orthotic needs assessment and evaluation of orthotic and shoe interaction in biomechanical function.
- Detailed review of running history and injury.
- Musculoskeletal exam including strength and flexibility evaluation.
- Assessment of back, hips, knees, ankles and feet.
- Customized program for injury treatment and recovery.
- Therapeutic exercises to address impairments.
Commonly treated injuries:
- IT band syndrome
- Achilles tendinitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Stress fractures
- Shin splints
- Muscle strains
- Hip pain
- Training program modifications