Treatments for improving the aging complexion
How we age depends upon many factors, such as our inherited
skin type and overall health and lifestyle choices,
including cumulative sun exposure.
Skin care programs
- Alpha-hydroxy acids, Retin-A or other skin products as
well as facials may be used to improve texture and
- This procedure rejuvenates the complexion through the use
of different chemical solutions applied in varying
strengths. Peels are useful for improving fine wrinkling,
blotchy skin or precancerous lesions caused by sun
Facial laser resurfacing
- With the development of the ultrapulsed, high-energy
carbon dioxide (CO2) laser, many signs of aging can be
reduced significantly. This minimally invasive procedure is
useful for reducing deeper facial, eye and forehead
- The treatment involves directing very fine crystals onto
the skin to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.
- These are used in the management of fine to moderate
wrinkles, acne scars and superficial skin defects. The
fillers include one's own fat, collagen, or RestylaneÆ.
- This is used for a variety of conditions including
treatment of frown lines, "crows feet" and forehead
wrinkles caused by facial expressions such as frowning,
squinting or even laughing.