Meds-to-Beds is a concierge bedside service that delivers discharge prescriptions to patients prior to leaving their hospital room at no additional cost to the patient. All patients being discharged from Chandler and Kentucky Children’s Hospitals who are not going to a rehab or nursing facility are eligible for this service.
How it works
- Each patient will be identified as early as possible in their stay by a provider, nurse or pharmacist who will then notify the Meds-to-Beds staff.
- A Meds-to-Beds staff member will visit with the patient to get all of the patient information needed to fill a prescription.
- Patient Care staff will notify Meds-to-Beds when the discharge prescriptions have been written and signed, indicating that they are ready to be picked up.
- Meds-to-Beds staff will pick up the prescriptions, take them to the pharmacy to be filled and deliver the medication back to the patient’s room.
- Increased patient compliance and adherence to the new drug regimen, through access to both a medication supply and drug education.
- Decreased number of patients who will need to be readmitted to the hospital.
- Patient convenience.
Meds-to-Beds Service delivery hours
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Prescriptions must be received by 6 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Prescriptions must be received by 3 p.m.
Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. Prescriptions must be received by 3 p.m.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Prescriptions for delivery must be received by 3:30 p.m. to be delivered that day.
Accepted payment methods include:
- American Express
- social services vouchers
- UK $4 generic medications will be utilized when prescribed.
- Pediatric medications will be compounded using the same concentrations and recipes as the in-patient pharmacy.
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Pavilion A
Fax: 859-323-5622 (323-5M2B)