Payment & Insurance
UK HealthCare facilities file insurance claims as a courtesy to you. We are a preferred provider in many managed care and health insurance plans.
- Please make sure we are on your insurance carrier's list of participating hospitals.
- If we are not, you may be financially responsible for your bill.
- If UK Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children's Hosptial or UK Good Samaritan Hospital are not on your list of participating hospitals, it is still possible to access our services; you will need to get proper approval from your health plan.
- Deductibles, private room differences and any patient balances due may be paid at discharge or we can send you a bill in the mail.
- We can also set up a payment plan for you based on set guidelines. Your bill can be settled with cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- Kentucky Medical Services Foundation (KMSF) will bill you or your insurance carrier for any services you receive from physicians.
- UK Chandler Hospital or UK Good Samaritan Hospital will bill you or your insurance carrier for non-physician or facility charges such as room and board, nursing services, laboratory services and medical supplies.
List of insurers
Need help paying your bill?
You may call the UK HealthCare financial assistance hotline at 859-323-9898 to apply for help in paying your medical bills.
For questions about your bill or to request an itemized statement:
Call Patient Billing (hospital or KMSF), Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- at 859-257-7900
- or toll free, 1-800-967-2131
Requests in writing may be sent to:
2347 Sterlington Drive
Lexington, KY 40517
How to request Medical Records