UK Birthing Center: Getting ready for birth
First, take a tour!
Call 859-323-2750 to attend one of our tours, held every Tuesday from 1 - 2 p.m. and once a month on Tuesday evenings.
Or see our online tour of the birthing center.
Fill out our online pre-registration form (PDF 838 KB) and fax it to 859-257-7520 before you arrive at UK HealthCare for your maternity hospital stay. Pre-registration speeds up admission when you are in labor so you can concentrate on the delivery experience. Be sure to let the admission clerk know you have pre-registered.
More things to know:
- For help in choosing an obstetrician, call 859-257-1000. See a list of our physicians>
- Your birthing experience will begin in one of our private labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) rooms, or one of our operating rooms designated for cesarean births.
- The birthing center has a dedicated anesthesia staff with an anesthesiologist available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- UK HealthCare Maternal-Fetal Medicine provides specialized care for at-risk pregnancies.
- Our Childbirth Education program has many class offerings for new parents. These classes are a great refresher course if there are many years between deliveries.
- If you are considering allowing children under the age of 17 to be present during labor and delivery, please schedule an appointment with the patient care manager or childbirth educator at least one month prior to delivery. This is to prepare you, the child and the health care team for any special accommodations necessary.