Ways to give to Kentucky Children's Hospital
Give using our secure online donation form
Monthly giving: Miracle makers make a difference
Everyday Heroes have a special role in the Kentucky Children's Hospital family. By committing to monthly giving, these loyal supporters provide a dependable base of resources for ongoing, first-rate care to ensure that the hospital provides the best in patient care, education, research and community outreach.
Become a miracle maker
With a minimum gift of just $15 a month, you provide Kentucky Children's Hospital with reliable means to build the very best programs and services for every child.
Whether via a credit card or electronic funds transfer, monthly giving offers you a safe and convenient way to help advance pediatric health care at Kentucky Children's Hospital.
There are two ways you can become a miracle maker:
- Credit card: Choose to have your monthly gift automatically charged to your credit card. Call 859- 257-1121 or use the secure online donation form.
- Giving booklet: If you prefer to send your monthly gift by mail, the development office will send you a booklet with return address information so you can keep track of your giving. Call 859-257-1121 for more information.
A gift to Kentucky Children's Hospital provides vital support in the areas of patient care, education and research. Gifts can be made in a variety of ways:
- A personal contribution may fund a specific program or support research
- Memorials and tributes honor a special person or commemorate a special occasion and may fund a specific program
- Matching gifts through your employer may be arranged. More information is available for matching gifts to UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital and the University of Kentucky
- Attendance at a special event or fundraiser can show your support
- A planned gift can be established as part of your estate
For more information about individual gifts to Kentucky Children's, call 859-257-1121.
Maya and her mother from Lexington inspire people with the story of her care at Kentucky Children's Hospital.
Memorials & tributes: Honor a friend or family member
A memorial offers a special opportunity to remember a deceased family member, friend, or acquaintance with a donation to Kentucky Children's Hospital. A tribute honors a friend or family member who is celebrating a special occasion, such as a birthday, wedding, graduation, or professional accomplishment, by making a gift to Kentucky Children's Hospital.
When you make a memorial or tribute gift, the person you designate is sent a personalized letter acknowledging your generosity, although the amount of the gift is not shown. You also receive a gift acknowledgment.
To make a memorial or tribute gift today, use our Gift-in-Kind donation form (PDF, 13Kb) to mail in a check, make a donation online, or call 859-257-1121 .
Spending time in the hospital can be difficult for children and their families, special toys and activities help to make their hospital experience less stressful. Families across the United States rely on Kentucky Children's Hospital for excellence in pediatric health care. These same families rely on people like you for support.
Kentucky Children's needs toys, crafts and other items year-round for children from infancy through age 18. Gifts of products or excess inventory can usually be used throughout the hospital.
When selecting gifts, please refer to the Kentucky Children's list of toy and gift safety guidelines (below). Please feel free to contact the Office of Development for more information.
Donate a gift-in-kind in 4 easy steps
- Print the Gift-in-Kind donation form (PDF, 13Kb)
- Complete all requested information on the Gift-in-Kind donation form and include your signature
- If your items are large, please call 859-257-1121 to arrange for delivery
- The completed Gift-in-Kind donation form along with your donation can be delivered to the following address:
Kentucky Children's Hospital Development
University of Kentucky
138 Leader Avenue
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-9983
Toy and gift safety guidelines
Toys are needed year-round at Kentucky Children's Hospital for children from infancy through age 18. All gifts should conform to the safety and sanitary guidelines below. Also, because we need to check gifts for safety and age appropriateness, please do not wrap them. Gift wrapping paper, ribbons, tape and tags are welcomed donations.
Abby from Lexington.
- New toys only. Books and magazines should be new or in excellent, gently used condition
- Avoid toys with many small parts that can be removed, swallowed or inhaled and toys that have sharp edges or protrusions that can be poked into eyes
- Only new stuffed toys with a separate manufacturer tag attached (in addition to the sewn-in tag), or those in unopened packaging can be accepted due to infection control issues
- Fire regulations forbid electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys
- Painted toys must be non-toxic. Any glue or paint in craft kits MUST also be non-toxic
- "Humorous" medical toys and games are inappropriate because they can contribute to fear about medical procedures
- Please bring only mylar balloons with strings no longer than 12 inches. No latex balloons or balloon animals are permitted in Kentucky Children's due to latex sensitivities
- Toys representing violent themes cannot be accepted.
Businesses large and small show their support for children's health by giving to Kentucky Children's Hospital. Corporate support can include:
- Direct gifts
- Sponsorship or participating in special events
- Matching employee gifts
- Programs that encourage employees to volunteer at the hospital
- Children's Miracle Network programs
To learn more about how your company can make a difference to the patient's families served by Kentucky Children's, call 859-257-1121.