UK Clinical Voice Center Fact Sheet
View UK Clinical Voice Center Fact Sheet (PDF, 93 KB)
The UK Clinical Voice Center provides state-of-art diagnostic evaluation, treatment and management of conditions related to hoarseness, difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia), shortness of breath, speech, and other voice and airway disorders. Our multidisciplinary team includes speech-language pathologists and otolaryngologists with a specialization in the area of voice.
What problems does the clinical voice center treat?
The Clinical Voice Center provides comprehensive and state-of-the-art services for individuals of all ages, from newborns to senior citizens.
The conditions treated include:
The Clinical Voice Center is equipped with leading-edge technology for the assessment and treatment of voice and airway disorders.
Procedures used include:
- Comprehensive voice assessment
- High-speed digital endoscopy
- Flexible fiberoptic examination of vocal folds and airway
- Computerized voice and speech acoustic assessment
- Quantitative assessment of breathing function for voice
- Flexible nasendoscopy for assessment of velopharyngeal function
- Flexible endoscopic examination of swallowing (FEES)
- Modified barium swallow study
- Laryngeal electromyography (EMG)
The Clinical Voice Center is located in the Kentucky Clinic, Third Floor, Wing C, Room B317. To make an appointment, call 859-257-0143.